As every week goes by we've got the opportunity to grow the number of Z87 boards in our graphs more and more. Today alongside the GIGABYTE Z87X-OC which we'll be running at both stock and overclocked speeds, we'll also have the MSI MPOWER MAX, ASRock Z87 OC FORMULA and GIGABYTE Z87X-UD3H.
Along with these Z87 motherboards, we've got the Z77 based MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming and the GIGABYTE X79S-UP5-Wi-Fi, both of which are the most recent boards we've tested with the associated chipsets. As always, before we get into the performance side of things, we need to cover overclocking.
With everything running at stock it was time to head into the BIOS and see just what we could do with our new i7 4770K. The first thing we did was adjust the voltages to where they needed to be and then pushed our multiplier up to 50x hoping for a 5GHz clock.
While we managed to get into Windows no problem, we ran into problems pretty quickly when we started to run MediaEspresso. With 5GHz not being an option, we headed back into the BIOS to try for 4.9GHz via a 49x multiplier. We got into Windows and this wasn't an issue for us. So with everything looking good at 4.9GHz, it was time to head back into the BIOS one more time to adjust the BCLK and see if we could get anything else out of our CPU.
Looking above you can see we have our BCLK slightly elevated to 101.18. This gives us an end result of 4957.67MHz or 4.96GHz, as shown in our graphs here today. This is a strong overclock and we're really looking forward to seeing the kind of numbers this clock speed gets us when compared to the out of the box clock.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- 4K TV show tormenting is now a reality
- OnePlus blames third-parties for faulty USB Type-C cable and adapter
- 4Chan fights terrorism with humor, photoshopping rubber ducks on ISIS
- Russian hackers have scraped over $790 million in three years
- Online store, Yatango, closes shop and leaves buyers hanging
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis