As every week goes by we've got the opportunity to grow the number of Z87 boards in our graphs more and more. Today alongside the GIGABYTE Z87X-OC which we'll be running at both stock and overclocked speeds, we'll also have the MSI MPOWER MAX, ASRock Z87 OC FORMULA and GIGABYTE Z87X-UD3H.
Along with these Z87 motherboards, we've got the Z77 based MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming and the GIGABYTE X79S-UP5-Wi-Fi, both of which are the most recent boards we've tested with the associated chipsets. As always, before we get into the performance side of things, we need to cover overclocking.
With everything running at stock it was time to head into the BIOS and see just what we could do with our new i7 4770K. The first thing we did was adjust the voltages to where they needed to be and then pushed our multiplier up to 50x hoping for a 5GHz clock.
While we managed to get into Windows no problem, we ran into problems pretty quickly when we started to run MediaEspresso. With 5GHz not being an option, we headed back into the BIOS to try for 4.9GHz via a 49x multiplier. We got into Windows and this wasn't an issue for us. So with everything looking good at 4.9GHz, it was time to head back into the BIOS one more time to adjust the BCLK and see if we could get anything else out of our CPU.
Looking above you can see we have our BCLK slightly elevated to 101.18. This gives us an end result of 4957.67MHz or 4.96GHz, as shown in our graphs here today. This is a strong overclock and we're really looking forward to seeing the kind of numbers this clock speed gets us when compared to the out of the box clock.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Crackdown 3 delayed to 2018
- MediaTek to announce new Helio processors on August 29th
- Huawei reveals the first official Mate 10 teaser
- Nokia flagship is finally here: Meet the Nokia 8
- Final Fantasy XIV subscriptions at all time high
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB and 2TB Review
- how many pcie slots can i use?
- Bios question on new build
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes