Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
Hitting us at $659.99 at the time of writing, the MSI GTX 780 3GB Twin Frozr Gaming OC comes in at a strong price point which sits only $10 higher than reference designed versions. The big issue behind the MSI GTX 780 3GB Twin Frozr Gaming OC is the same that's seen on every other non-reference GTX 780 3GB at the moment.
It's got a little "Out of Stock" label sitting next to it and to be honest, it's for good reason. The GTX 780 in itself is a great model and the non-reference cards we've looked at are a nice improvement on the reference design - especially when it comes to heat numbers. When you combine the fact that these non-reference variants are going to set you back only $10 - $20 more than a reference design card, you'd really be crazy to choose a reference offering over a non-reference one and looking over at Newegg, it's obvious that everyone feels the same.
In typical video card fashion the bundle side of things is on the light side, but we know that the hero of any video card package is the video card itself. In typical fashion MSI has done a great job here and created a really strong video card that clearly stands out against the reference design in a big way.
The Twin Frozr IV cooler is, as always, excellent and you can see that it sits a good 11c cooler at load when compared to the reference cooler. That's a decent chunk, especially when you consider the reference cooler is throwing out 80c, a number that while is fine, is still one that we feel is a little too high.
Combing all this with the new black and red color scheme that is brought to the table via the new Gaming Series tag and you've got yourself a great version of the new GTX 780 3GB. As much as you'd probably like to pick up a GTX 780 3GB straight away, we would really recommend that you pre-order a model like the MSI GTX 780 3GB Twin Frozr Gaming OC (and wait) instead of the reference one, so you can get it as soon as it's back in stock.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, a very slick mobo for Ryzen
- AMD Ryzen 5 1600X costs $260, offers Intel perf. at $617
- Early Nintendo Switch consoles were actually stolen
- Why Nier: Automata isn't coming to Xbox One
- Grand Theft Auto movie or TV show could happen
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- Looking for help overclocking a GA-EP43-UD3L
- I5 6600k OC settings.. aorus z270
- ASUS K55VM (LAPTOP A55VM) can't control fan speed for myself
- First ever CPU overclock - is this ok?
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Republic of Gamers announces Strix Impact