GIGABYTE Z87X-UD3H Motherboard
We've got a matte black PCB look which is one we really like and when it comes to the main highlighted color, you can see that we've got a blue and silver combination.
Taking a look at the expansion slots you can see we've got a single older legacy PCI slot towards the bottom along with three PCIe x1 slots. We've also got three PCIe x16 slots which are setup in typical fashion. If you're using just one slot, the top slot will run at x16. If you go for two slots then the top slots and the PCIe x16 below it will run at x8. The final PCIe x16 slot will run at x4. If the final PCIe x16 slot is used PCIEX1_2/3 will be unavailable as the bandwidth of those two slots are shared with the final PCIe x16 slot.
Heading to the bottom of the board you can see all the standard connectors starting with a front panel audio on the left. Moving across we've got TPM, COMA, three USB 2.0 headers, a single USB 3.0 header and finally the Front Panel connectors.
Turning the corner you can see we've got eight SATA ports available. All are SATA III with the six black ones running directly off the Z87 chipset. The other two which are grey run off the Marvell 88SE9172 chip. Along here you can also see a SATA power connector towards the top of the image. GIGABYTE recommend using this when two or more PCIe x16 video cards are installed. The connector provides more power to the PCIe x16 slots making sure everything always runs smooth and stable.
Heading towards the top half of the board you can see the typical four DIMM slots. Up to 32GB of DDR3 is supported ranging from 1333MHz DDR to 3000MHz DDR via overclocking. To the right hand side you can see a power switch along with a smaller reset and clear CMOS switch.
Looking towards the left you can see the main 24-pin ATX power connector and just above that to the right you can see the LED debug meter. Finally we finish off just to the left of the ATX power connector with another USB 3.0 header.
Looking at the CPU area side of things you can see we've got an 8-pin CPU power connector at the top of the board and in typical fashion you can see a nice clean looking CPU area along with the heatsink setup present here.
Heading over to the I/O department to finish things of you can see we've got a combo PS/2 port along with six USB 3.0 headers. Video out options include DVI-D, VGA, HDMI and DisplayPort. You can also see we've got an optical port that goes with six auxiliary ports, which run off the Realtek ALC898 codec. Finally you can see we've got two eSATA III ports which run off the same Marvell 88SE9172 controller used on the extra SATA III ports inside, along with a Gigabit networking port, which runs off the Intel LAN chip.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- Next-gen PS4 coming in 2018, analyst predicts
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives