HGST Ultrastar SSD800MM Specifications
The dual-port 12Gb/s SSD800MM weighs in with sequential throughput of 1,200/700 MB/s read/write, and 145,000/70,000 sustained read/write IOPS provided by 25nm Intel eMLC and the HGST/Intel DB29AA11AB0 controller and firmware.
With a focus on lowering TCO via low IOPS-to-Watt ratios (tested in the following pages), the HGST Ultrastar SSD800MM features two modes of operation to streamline the SSD for either performance or efficiency. The SSD800MM operates within different power consumption envelopes, with a 9 Watt and 11 Watt mode available. The SSD800MM features a capacitor for power hold-up in the event of a host power-loss issue and advanced power loss data management technology.
The SSD800MM operates in either 6Gb/s or 12Gb/s Active-Active dual/single port to provide enhanced reliability. The SSD incorporates the T10 Data Integrity Field (DIF) standard, extended ECC, and Exclusive-OR (XOR) parity to protect against flash die failure. Parity checked internal data paths protect data as it moves within the drive, and the SSD800MM does not use an external write cache. These technologies combine to provide the SSD800MM with an IE-17 non-recoverable error rate. A 2 million hour MTBF, and 0.44% AFR (Annualized Failure Rate), round out the reliability specifications.
The SSD800MM also comes with three levels of encryption support. TCG (Trusted Computing Group) encryption, TCG + FIPS 140 encryption, and Crypto Sanitize capabilities round out encryption support.
The SSD comes in a 2.5" form factor with a 15mm z-height and is available with a five year warranty in capacities of 800, 400 and 200 GB.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [HGST Ultrastar SSD800MM Specifications]
- Page 3 [SAS 12Gb/s Architecture]
- Page 4 [HGST Ultrastar SSD800MM Internals]
- Page 5 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 6 [4K Random Read/Write]
- Page 7 [8K Random Read/Write]
- Page 8 [128K Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 9 [Database/OLTP and Webserver]
- Page 10 [Fileserver and Emailserver]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- EVGA will soon be entering the enthusiast gaming notebook market
- NVIDIA GRID 2.0 will be powered by Maxwell-based Tesla M60, Tesla M6
- Intel will be pushing eDRAM into its Iris and Iris Pro graphics
- Intel calls their new Skylake CPUs their 'best CPU ever'
- ASRock unveils the H2R, a Chromecast-like HDMI dongle
- SanDisk Connect Stick 64GB Wireless Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R doesn't boot with Dual Channel (After Clean PC)
- carvedilol 3.125 mg information. Purchase online.
- Im happy I now signed up
- ASUSTOR AS5004T Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015