The File Server profile represents typical file server workloads. This profile tests a wide variety of different file sizes simultaneously, with an 80% read and 20% write distribution.
The HGST takes a clear lead in this workload, with an average of 81,802 IOPS at QD256, the Toshiba PX02SMF080 averages 64,151 IOPS at QD256, well above the 45,736 IOPS mustered by the Optimus.
The HGST provides 18,961,536 I/Os (77.51%) at 2-4ms, 3,324,034 I/Os (13.58%) in the 4-6ms range, and 2,169,411 I/Os (8.86%) at 1-2ms.
The SSD800MM averages 4.91 Watts in steady state, much lower than the other SSDs in the test pool.
The HGST averages 16,709 IOPS per Watt, well above the competing SSDs.
The Emailserver profile is a very demanding 8K test with a 50% read and 50% write distribution. This application is indicative of the performance of the solution in heavy write workloads.
The HGST once again exhibits class-leading performance in this write-intensive test, with 47,124 IOPS at QD256.
The HGST provides 48.25% of I/O's at 4-6ms, 24.25% of I/O's in the 6-8ms range, 20.62% at 2-4ms, and 5.16% at 8-10ms.
The HGST averages 6.52 Watts during the measurement window.
The SSD800MM averaged an outstanding 16,709 IOPS per Watt; again well above the competing solutions.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [HGST Ultrastar SSD800MM Specifications]
- Page 3 [SAS 12Gb/s Architecture]
- Page 4 [HGST Ultrastar SSD800MM Internals]
- Page 5 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 6 [4K Random Read/Write]
- Page 7 [8K Random Read/Write]
- Page 8 [128K Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 9 [Database/OLTP and Webserver]
- Page 10 [Fileserver and Emailserver]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fallout 4 might be the killer game VR desparately needs
- Nintendo Switch affected by Middle East flight ban
- Switch JoyCon issue caused by 'manufacturing variation'
- Assassin's Creed: Empire latest leak is fake
- HMD Global wants Nokia in the top 3 phone manufacturers
- H170-PLUS D3 and i7 7700K, both new computer says nothing.
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Can't find thumbscrews in PC-O9
- Lost Audio on Asus GL753 VE-DS74 Laptop
- BIOSTAR GK3 good mech kb for starters?
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse
- ASUS announces USB-AC53 Nano Wi-Fi adapter