HD Tune Pro
Version and / or Patch Used: 4.00
Developer Homepage: http://www.efdsoftware.com
Product Homepage: http://www.hdtune.com
HD Tune is a Hard Disk utility which has the following functions:
Benchmark: measures the performance
Info: shows detailed information
Health: checks the health status by using SMART
Error Scan: scans the surface for errors
HD Tune Pro gives us accurate read, write and access time results. It is now considered a must have application for storage device testing.
HD Tune Pro allows users to set the block size, the default being 64KB and that what we measure sequential reads and writes with. The Plextor M5M scored nearly 428 MB/s in the read test. The score was only surpassed by the MyDigitalSSD BP4, a Phison controlled product.
Our 256GB class mSATA chart is still dominated by LSI SandForce controllers so we'll have to balance the compressible and incompressible performance later in this review. Of the non-SandForce controllers, the M5M is the fastest writing mSATA SSD.
HD Tach - Sequential Performance after Random Writes
HD Tune Pro also has random read and write tests. In this test with HD Tach, we run a sequential read and write test after the HD Tune Pro random tests. This is mainly a test of sequential writes across the drive after a reasonable amount of consumer load random writes.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Plextor M5M 256GB mSATA SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.