Casetagram e-mailed me in the middle of last month out of nowhere, asking me if I'd like to check out their website. I didn't know what they did, but after reading their e-mail and checking out their website, I discovered they made custom phone covers for certain smartphones.
I have a Nexus 4, and the e-mail title read 'Casetagram is now available for the Samsung Galaxy S4 and Nexus 4 cases', which of course led me to getting my own custom Nexus 4 case.
What Casetagram does different is connect you socially to all of your photos, this way you can choose whichever photo you want for your smartphone cover. This gives you some incredibly wide choices, from Instagram, Facebook or even the ability to upload your own photo. The process of choosing and making sure my phone cover would look great, took no more than five minutes - this is how it should be done! Simple, easy and social!
Casetagram do cases for a wide variety of devices, covering most of Apple's devices right up to the iPhone 5, the Galaxy S II, S III, S4, Note II and Note smartphones from Samsung and of course, the Nexus 4.
When customizing your Casetagram smartphone cover, you're given the option of multiple layouts. This is great, as you can cram in a bunch of smaller photos - such as your children - or shots from your Instagram account. You can also drag and drop to select photos, too.
You can choose a case color - either black or clear, but I've chosen clear; which I think will look better. There's also the option of adding "effects" to your custom case. There's a bunch of options as you can expect.
You're looking at around $40-$50 for the case, which includes free international shipping - something they don't need to do, but it makes it much more appealing as shipping can really be a killer. I'm based in Australia and my case took around eight days to get to me, which I thought was pretty impressive.
The case turned out beautifully, as I've chosen a cute shot of my two-year-old daughter, Delilah. The quality is great, and it feels great too - the case itself feels a bit cheap, so I think Casetagram could work on that and maybe offer a "premium" case for $10 more or so, and make it feel like a truly premium product.
The finish of the product is amazing, though - the actual photo itself comes out onto the cover looking beautiful and in great detail. This isn't something I expected for $40 including shipping.
I noticed my case creaks when I squeeze it - for example, if I reach for my volume rocker and accidentally squeeze the sides. If I just squeeze it in general, it will squeak which makes it feel (and sound), cheap.
On my Nexus 4 case, Casetagram have put a cut out for the SIM card slot - something I did not like at all. I don't access my SIM card slot all that often, maybe once a year when I'm travelling overseas, so the extra cut out annoys me.
Mostly because of the way I'm used to using my phone, if I'm receiving a call and go to put it on silent by reaching for the volume rocker and pressing the volume down button. But, with a cut out under it, sometimes my finger will reach for that hole instead of the volume rocker. Sure, it's a small issue - but it's something definitely worth considering - and again, should be optioned in the custom making process.
Other than that, I'm impressed with what Casetagram have on offer here. They're offering mostly a quality product, with a super simple way of getting it done. Free international shipping is something that should never be scoffed at, and the entire process is so painless; something that is great if you want to recommend it to someone who isn't exactly tech savvy.
Before we wrap up, we have a shot of the custom case, on my Nexus 4, and in my hand. It feels great (apart from my small complaints about it), and it looks even better.
A Casetagram case for a smartphone is the perfect gift for a loved ones birthday or Christmas present, which is something I suspect the company sees a huge spike in sales for. Highly recommended, and it would be a perfect score if they fixed the issues that I personally didn't agree with.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- HP posts earnings growth for fourth straight quarter
- Final Fantasy XV on PC to get mod support
- Elon Musk reveals SpaceX's official spacesuit
- Anno 1800 is Blue Byte's new game
- The most anticipated phone of the year is here - Note8
- Lenovo Legion Y720 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Killer Networking - Killer control center new version (Z97X Gaming 5)
- GIGABYTE X399 AORUS Gaming 7 TR4 Motherboard Review
- Linksys WRT32x AC3200 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience