Thermaltake Chaser A71 Full-Tower Chassis
The front of the Chaser A71 has predominant edges that do stick out a bit, but the insides of them are shiny black, while the front edges and outsides are textured to add a bit of contrast. Below the Thermaltake name at the top on a thicker plastic support you will see the nine bay covers with the light blue ring around each one.
As the front angles to meet the top of the chassis, the Chaser A71 uses this as the front I/O location. You have the power button with power LED built into it, the HDD activity light, and then the reset button off to the left. There are 3.5mm jacks for HD Audio support, and that is followed up with a pair of USB 2.0 ports as well as a pair of USB 3.0 ports. Just behind this you will locate the 2.5" and 3.5" HDD dock.
Behind the HDD dock there is a large tray with a ribbed bottom to help keep tiny parts from rolling around. The rest of the top panel offers the large mesh area over the 200mm fan that is installed there now.
The left side of the chassis offers the majority of the panel being bumped out to allow room for the 200mm fan mounted in the lower left corner. While the window is large, and oddly shaped, it really offers a look at the bays, your wiring, and potentially the CPU cooler.
Starting from the bottom, you have the area for the PSU with eight ventilated slots above it, and a pair of water cooling holes for external radiators. At the top of the steel body you have the 120mm exhaust, the rear I/O, and a wire tending loop. As you move to the plastic, the cut away it to make the top easier to pull off.
The right side of the chassis offers the same bump out as the left side does, but this time it is put there to allow users to hide much more wiring behind the motherboard tray than if this panel was flat.
Under the chassis you get a look at the large, chunky, plastic feet that use strips of rubber applied to them to keep the chassis from sliding around. On the actual floor of the chassis you will find a long dust filter that pulls out the back of the chassis to cover both the PSU and the optional fan mounting position.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Aware of 'let's play' videos? Here's every single one summarized
- This Grand Theft Auto IV hyper-realistic mod is better than real life
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 arrives, IGN says pop-shove it in the garbage
- The important question has been answered: Will the new iPhone 6s bend?
- Beautiful film made using only water, a 5 yen coin and an Apple iPhone
- Hi I Really Need Advice as to Where I Can Find Genuine Asmedia Drivers?
- Samsung FIT MUF-64BB 64GB USB 3.0 Pico Flash Drive Review
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog