Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
Priced at $419.99 at the time of writing, the EVGA GTX 770 2GB SuperClocked ACX comes in $20 more expensive than roughly half of the GTX 770 offerings that are available at Newegg, which hit at the $399.99 price point that NVIDIA said we'd see these video cards start from. Saying that, it comes in $30 cheaper than offerings seen from other companies which come out of the box overclocked only slightly higher.
EVGA has done a really good job with the pricing of this model. The new ACX cooler is great, we love the look of it and it clearly does a good job, as it helps push an overclock that is much stronger than the reference cooled version. I think what's really important here, though, is the $200 price difference between this model and the GTX 780 3GB.
The GTX 770 2GB represents some really good value, especially when you throw overclocking into the mix. Of course when you add a superior cooler like the ACX one we've seen today from EVGA, the value jumps up even more as we can see firsthand how much stronger overclocking is when we move away from the reference cooler.
In the event that you don't want to overclock, the good news is that EVGA really has done a wonderful job overclocking the card out of the box. As we mentioned earlier, the core on the EVGA GTX 770 2GB SuperClocked ACX comes in at 1111MHz, which is up from the stock 1046MHz. Of course that means the boost clock has also been increased from the standard 1085MHz to a more impressive 1163MHz. This is a really nice out of the box overclock and really if you don't want to mess around with overclocking, you can know that you're getting a strong performing video card, without having to do nothing more than installing the driver.
We see little reason to buy a reference designed GTX 770. Instead we'd recommend that you spend the extra money associated with something like the EVGA GTX 770 2GB SuperClocked ACX and get a video card that looks great, performs well out of the box and has even more performance potential thanks to its high quality cooler.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tesla's Model 3 deliveries begin in July
- Huawei unveils Honor Band A2 priced at $29
- The Note8 to have a fingerprint sensor under the display
- OnePlus teases the OnePlus 5 color options
- ISS crew on an urgent spacewalk after equipment failure
- Alienware 15 R3 Laptop Storage Performance Investigation
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- ASUS RT-AC1900p Wireless Router Review
- GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK with SSD M.2 Plextor M8PeG 256gb. low speed after shut down
- Prey Review: Dark Stars, Darker Thoughts
- Western Digital sets new standard with latest generation in popular HGST-brand Ultrastar SAS SSD family
- AMD raises expectations for server performance, unveils EPYC processor brand for the datacenter
- HighPoint's SSD7101 PCIe board-sized drive series integrate Samsung 960 NVMe SSDs to deliver groundbreaking performance over 12GB/s
- Micron accelerates all-flash storage speed, performance and value with new flexible petabyte-scale enterprise data center solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 and 630 mobile platforms drive advanced photography, enhanced gaming, integrated connectivity and machine learning