The EVGA GTX 770 2GB SuperClocked ACX has been sitting around for longer than I would've liked and that's annoyed me for two reasons. One, I don't really like samples sitting around for too long, but due to the video card arriving just before Computex and just before the Haswell launch, it unfortunately ended up taking a bit of a back seat. The second thing is that the card just looks so cool. I'm a sucker for anything gold and as soon as I saw the gold highlights on the model, which can be seen above in the introduction picture, I fell in love with the look.
Today, though, none of that matters as we slide it into our testbed and find out just what exactly the model is about. This is the first non-reference GTX 770 2GB that we've looked at and we're excited to see how it compares to the reference model which we've looked at in both its stock form and overclocked form.
Because of that we've actually decided to look at the EVGA offering overclocked. We'll be taking the good ole' EVGA Precision overclocking tool out for a spin today to find out just what kind of performance we're able to get out of the model. What we really want to know is as we move away from the reference cooler and onto the new ACX cooler that EVGA is offering, are we able to achieve a stronger overclock than what we saw out of the reference design card.
While normally we would move on from here into the package, we do have to note that the particular review sample we got today didn't come with a bundle - instead it was just the video card itself.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro Last Light]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.