The ABIT IC7-MAX3 is a very fast motherboard and we were able to do a lot of testing with it thanks to our recent Dual Channel DDR Roundup which saw us take it up and above to speeds of 250MHz FSB. While during testing we had an engineering sample arrive from Intel, and we were fortunate enough to get into Windows at speeds of 270MHz plus - which says very good things for ABIT's engineering.
If it was the new OTES cooling helping the motherboard overclock or simply the huge amount of VDIMM we were able to pump through, we don't know but whatever it is, ABIT have gone out of their way to produce an absolutely awesome product.
This motherboard isn't for everyone as it does carry quite a hefty price tag when compared to other Canterwood motherboards but for people who simply want the type of performance this product offers, you can't look past it. There is truly no doubting that this is one of the best motherboards on the market right now and you do get what you pay for at the end of the day.
There was a reason we used this motherboard for the Dual Channel Roundup and it was strictly due to its awesome performance. If you're moving over to Intel and can afford to spend the extra dollars, we definitely recommend this motherboard over any other Intel Canterwood based motherboard we have had the chance to test to date.
- Excellent looking motherboard
- Secure IDE
- Over 255 FSB issue gone
- Impressive overclocking
- OTES cooling
- New Northbridge fan design
- Higher memory bandwidth
- Slower then the IC7 at some points
Rating - 9.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's Performance Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 3 [Taking it to the MAX]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 4 [Taking it to the MAX Continued]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 5 [Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra MAX3]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2002]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2001]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 2003]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Comanche 4]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 10 [Benchmarks - Unreal Tournament 2003]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake 3]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Jedi Knight 2]
- ABIT IC7 MAX3 - Page 13 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Electric Concept One beats Bugatti Veyron
- Samsung unveils the Galaxy C7 Pro
- Lucasfilm denies CG Princess Leia plan for 'Star Wars 9'
- Take home 'Pete's Dragon' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Putting Nintendo Switch launch games into perspective
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99
- ESL One returns to Southeast Asia to kick-off world class Dota 2 action in 2017