Corsair Neutron GTX 2013 Edition Drives
Since this is more of a retake, we're just going to skim the surface of the Neutron GTX packaging and bundle.
This has been Corsair's main SSD package design for a while now and it gives us quite a bit of information all around the package.
The inner packaging looks good. The desktop adapter bracket is separated from the drive so nothing can get scratched during shipping. You get a set of mounting screws and a paper warranty manual.
Diving straight into the case, from left to right, we have the 120GB, 240GB and 480GB. The two smaller capacity sizes use Samsung DRAM and the 480GB uses Micron. The DRAM capacity scales with the drive capacity.
The Link_A_Media Devices controller is the same for all three drives, LM87800AA.
Most of the time when we run across Toshiba NAND it's BGA, but Corsair chose to use TSOP packaging on the Neutron GTX. This is 19nm Toggle Mode flash, the good stuff.
All three capacity sizes use two-DRAM buffers for caching table data.
We're starting to see more Samsung DRAM used in SSDs.
All three capacity sizes have 16 NAND flash chips, eight on each side. This is important, especially on the 120GB model because of interleaving, a method of increasing performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Corsair Neutron GTX 2013 Edition Drives]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.