MSI MPOWER MAX Motherboard
Getting onto the motherboard you can see we've got the same black and yellow color scheme that was used on the previous MPOWER board. Overall it looks fairly standard from here so let's move in a bit closer and see just what exactly we're dealing with.
Moving over to the PCIe expansion side of things you can see we've got four PCIe x1 slots and three PCIe x16 slots. If you're using just one card, the top slot will run at x16, if you're using two both will run at x8. If all three are used, the top two will be x8, while the bottom will operate at x4. Also you can see between the top two PCIe x16 slots we've got an mSATA port.
Heading to the bottom of the board you can see we've got the normal connectors including USB 2.0, fan headers, front I/O header and on the far right you can see the debug LED reader. Across the bottom you can also see we've got a number of buttons including the OC GENIE button, power and reset along with direct OC buttons giving you the ability to overclock while the system is on.
Turning the corner you can see we've got a total of eight SATA III ports. Six of those run off the Intel Z87 controller, while the other two run of the ASMedia ASM1061 controller. You can also see towards the top we've got a USB 3.0 header.
Heading over to the top of the board you can see four DIMM slots supporting up to 32GB of DDR3 memory ranging from 1066MHz DDR to 3000MHz DDR via overclocking. Towards the top right of the board you can see the V-Check points that allow us to check the voltage points of a number of areas on the board. Moving down you can see the main 24-pin ATX power connector.
Heading around to the CPU area you can see we've got two 8-pin CPU connectors for people who require more power. Unless you're doing some serious overclocking with LN2, though, you'll more than likely find yourself just using one.
Heading into the I/O side of things you can see from the left we've got a pair of USB 2.0 connectors and a combo PS/2 port. Next to that we've got a clear CMOS button and a total of six USB 3.0 ports. Gigabit networking is provided by the Killer E2205 Gigabit LAN controller and video out options include dual HDMI and a single DisplayPort connector. We've also got an optical out port along with six Auxiliary ports which run off the ALC1150 codec.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [MSI MPOWER MAX Motherboard]
- Page 3 [BIOS]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [mSATA Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Just Cause 3 experiencing performance issues on the PS4
- 'Star Wars: Rebels' renewed for third season
- Formula E planning driverless championship for 2016
- Microsoft has reportedly fired 60 engineers working on HoloLens
- Recreational drone literally pokes UK toddler's eye out
- [ASROCK A75 PRO4] What should my next step be?
- Gigsbyte motherboard supprt problem
- be quiet! Dark Rock TF Top Flow CPU Cooler Review
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- Students pitch ideas to gaming guru
- Announcing The Live TwitchTV Launch Of Stellar Stars On Steam Greenlight and IndieGoGo This December 1st
- Black Friday - The action game! 45 seconds of fun, fast paced colourful satire. 'Beat The Crowd'
- F1 2015: 'RACING AS CHAMPIONS' AHEAD OF THE 2015 FORMULA 1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX
- Nintendo Download Highlights New Digital Content for Nintendo Systems - Nov. 26, 2015