MSI MPOWER MAX Motherboard
Getting onto the motherboard you can see we've got the same black and yellow color scheme that was used on the previous MPOWER board. Overall it looks fairly standard from here so let's move in a bit closer and see just what exactly we're dealing with.
Moving over to the PCIe expansion side of things you can see we've got four PCIe x1 slots and three PCIe x16 slots. If you're using just one card, the top slot will run at x16, if you're using two both will run at x8. If all three are used, the top two will be x8, while the bottom will operate at x4. Also you can see between the top two PCIe x16 slots we've got an mSATA port.
Heading to the bottom of the board you can see we've got the normal connectors including USB 2.0, fan headers, front I/O header and on the far right you can see the debug LED reader. Across the bottom you can also see we've got a number of buttons including the OC GENIE button, power and reset along with direct OC buttons giving you the ability to overclock while the system is on.
Turning the corner you can see we've got a total of eight SATA III ports. Six of those run off the Intel Z87 controller, while the other two run of the ASMedia ASM1061 controller. You can also see towards the top we've got a USB 3.0 header.
Heading over to the top of the board you can see four DIMM slots supporting up to 32GB of DDR3 memory ranging from 1066MHz DDR to 3000MHz DDR via overclocking. Towards the top right of the board you can see the V-Check points that allow us to check the voltage points of a number of areas on the board. Moving down you can see the main 24-pin ATX power connector.
Heading around to the CPU area you can see we've got two 8-pin CPU connectors for people who require more power. Unless you're doing some serious overclocking with LN2, though, you'll more than likely find yourself just using one.
Heading into the I/O side of things you can see from the left we've got a pair of USB 2.0 connectors and a combo PS/2 port. Next to that we've got a clear CMOS button and a total of six USB 3.0 ports. Gigabit networking is provided by the Killer E2205 Gigabit LAN controller and video out options include dual HDMI and a single DisplayPort connector. We've also got an optical out port along with six Auxiliary ports which run off the ALC1150 codec.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [MSI MPOWER MAX Motherboard]
- Page 3 [BIOS]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [mSATA Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- 'Furious 8' finally lands a director
- NVIDIA rumored to discontinue the 2GB version of the GeForce GTX 960
- Amazon's WWII alternate reality series is chilling
- Halo 5 has gone gold, campaign clocks in at between 8-12 hours
- PlayStation 4 universal remote to release late October
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent