Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
Coming in at $249 at the time of writing, the new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2GB hits at that perfect mid-range price point and considering the performance of the new model, we must say that it's a strong price point that is indeed going to get the attention of end-users. While the new GTX 700 series doesn't bring anything earth shattering in terms of new features, we can't deny that from a marketing perspective it's a good series from NVIDIA.
The HD 7000 name has been around for what feels like forever now and the new GTX 700 name from NVIDIA helps bring something fresh to people's minds, especially when you think that the GTX 600 series compared to the HD 7000 series. The first thing you tend to think is that the new GTX 700 series compares to the next generation AMD cards, which aren't even released yet.
While we'll see the new model starting at $249 as we just mentioned, we should see most models coming in at around $10 - $20 higher than that due to the fact that partners will be offering their own variants of the model from today. We've already got a couple on hand and we'll be taking a closer look at them soon. As always, though, the first thing we need to do is check out the overclocking performance of the new reference model. NVIDIA is also offering a 4GB variant of the model and we're sure we'll see some companies offer that; if previous experience is anything to go by, though, we wouldn't expect too much extra performance from the extra onboard memory.
We're excited to see what partners have done with the cooling solution, though, as like the other GTX 700 series cards, we do feel that the reference cooler has the core running a little warmer than we like. While it's at a temperature that's not a problem for stability, we always prefer it to come in lower.
Rumors suggest that this is the last GTX 700 series card we'll see from NVIDIA and while it makes sense, you really never know with NVIDIA. If AMD come out on the attack in the coming months, which is something I feel they really need to do, NVIDIA might have to retaliate with something, and with the "Boost" and "Ti" name available, there's plenty of room to squeeze new models in if need be.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Fire Strike]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 20 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 21 [Temperature Test]
- Page 22 [Sound Test]
- Page 23 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 24 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon GPU tech will power Intel's next-gen iGPUs
- Titanfall 2 infographic reveal interesting information
- Apple's new MacBook Pro has crappy battery life
- Ben Affleck's solo Batman movie will arrive in 2018
- Battlefield 1's new update includes SLI fixes, and more
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand