We're slowly starting to add more and more Z87 boards to our graphs, and today along with the ASRock Z87E-ITX, you'll also see the ASRock Z87 OC FORMULA and the ASUS Z87-Expert. Along with those options we've also got the ASUS P8Z77-V Pro/Thunderbolt, MSI Z77S-GD65 Gaming and GIGABYTE X79S-UP5-Wi-Fi.
We always cover the overclocking side of things before we get into the performance. We headed into the BIOS and decided to work off the presets that are available on the board.
We jumped to the 4.8GHz option and moved the multiplier down to 47x. We got into Windows with no problems and started testing. What we noticed, though, was that due to the heat of the processor, it was throttling the speed back to around the 4.4GHz mark.
We headed back into the BIOS and dropped down the multiplier again to 46x, bringing us in at 4.6GHz. We again got into Windows with no problems and fired up MediaEspresso. Again, though, we noticed our CPU throttling, so we decided to head back into the BIOS again to do a little tinkering.
In the end we moved our CPU multiplier to 45x, which brought our CPU in at 4.5GHz even. Everything was looking good in the BIOS, so this was the speed we decided to leave our CPU at for testing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Stock Nintendo Switch JoyConGrip won't recharge JoyCons
- Samsung Galaxy S8 will have a headphone jack after all?
- HTC to launch only 6-7 devices this year
- Electric Concept One beats Bugatti Veyron
- Samsung unveils the Galaxy C7 Pro
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99
- ESL One returns to Southeast Asia to kick-off world class Dota 2 action in 2017