I've always been quite the Mini-ITX fan. With the last few generation of motherboards, a Mini-ITX based board didn't mean you had to sacrifice large amounts of performance. Mini-ITX boards are often just as fast as their bigger brothers. At the same time they tend to come in at a slightly cheaper price because they have less on it due to the size.
Today we're taking the time to have a look at our first Z87 Mini-ITX motherboard and it comes from our friends at ASRock who tend to be one of the first companies to offer motherboards based on this format. The two main things we want to find out today is what the out of the box performance is like and how the Mini-ITX form factor affects our overclocking ability, if at all.
We haven't had the best luck with our particular 4770K CPU to date and we're sure that overclocking on this Mini-ITX board isn't going to be quite as strong. There's a few things we've got to do before we get into the overclocking side of things.
So, saying that, let's gets into the package of the board and roll on through to the performance side of things, which we'll look over the next few pages.
Being quite a small box we never get a ton of information. You can see the front has the brand and model number along with a couple of logos. Turning over we get a bit more detail in regards to what's on offer. You can see some of the main features shown including Intel Ethernet, Premium Gold Caps, DrMOS, Digi Power and 6-Power Phase design.
Moving inside the box we've got a fairly standard affair with a pair of manuals and driver CD. You can see the main I/O back plate, four SATA cables and a DVI to VGA connector. We've also got a wireless antenna included in the bundle.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Discover the 'Secret Life of Pets' in our Blu-ray promo!
- PlayStation Plus Instant Game December line-up leaked
- Star Wars creator George Lucas 'really liked' Rogue One
- Facebook debuts 'Instant Games' app worldwide
- Knack 2 place further emphasis on 2 player co-op
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset