PCMark 8 - Hard Disk Tests
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.0.0
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com/benchmarks/pcmark8
PCMark 8 is the latest version in our popular series of PC benchmarking tools. Improving on previous releases, PCMark 8 includes battery life measurement tools and new tests using popular applications from Adobe and Microsoft. Whether you are looking for long battery life, or maximum power, PCMark 8 helps you find the devices that offer the perfect combination of efficiency and performance for your needs.
Launching our PCMark 8 testing we have the NAS HDD coming in with a total score of 2486, just behind the Desktop counterpart. Even with the single platter design of our WD Red 1TB, it just doesn't compete with the NAS HDD here.
In WoW the NAS HDD was capable of 114.1 seconds, very close to the Desktop HDD and a full 57 seconds quicker than the WD Red 1TB.
Battlefield 3 has the NAS HDD pulling ahead of the Desktop HDD .15, coming in at 305 seconds.
Utilizing Photoshop under light use, the NAS HDD comes in at 195.7 seconds.
A heavy use scenario brings all our drives closer together. In this test we found the NAS HDD slightly quicker than the Desktop HDD, with the Barracuda with its two platter design and 7200RPM spindle speed way out in front.
The Excel application trace puts the NAS HDD in front of the Desktop HDD .15 by a very thin margin.
The PowerPoint trace put the NAS HDD at 22.3 seconds.
The Word trace puts the Barracuda .14 at the top of the charts, followed very closely by the NAS HDD at 43.7 seconds.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Seagate NAS HDD (ST4000VN000) 4000GB HDD]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8 Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - BootRacer and Resume from S4 Hibernation]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Titanfall 2 post-launch DLC will be 100% free
- Apple's new MacBook Pro powered by AMD Polaris GPU
- NASA publishes a stunning 4K video of the Space Station
- Google's total cost to manufacture the Pixel XL is $285
- Tesla reports a profit for the first time in three years
- ASRock C2550D4I Won't boot... again
- Getting a DK-04 3D Model
- Lenovo Ideapad Y900-17ISK Gaming Notebook Review
- How to upgrade front I/O Panel for V2100 to USB 3.0 or even 3.1
- Not able to adjust timings!
- AMD announces Radeon Pro 400 Series graphics processors
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications