The cable arrangement is great for a 1300W+ class power supply. The four PCI-E cables each have dual 6+2 connectors on them and you really wouldn't expect to need anything less with a power supply of such high output. If I could change anything thought, I would have a few different lengths of SATA cables to help remove some cable clutter.
Rail distribution isn't very simple with the Platimax 1350W, but it is easily balanced. 12V1 and 12V2 take care of the motherboard and auxiliary power to the motherboard. 12V3 and 12V5 are reserved for a pair of PCI-E cables each while 12V4 and 12V6 handle one PCI-E cable and three peripheral cables each.
A Look Inside
Short of the three bulk capacitors, you wouldn't know this was a high wattage unit just by looking at the general layout and component count of the unit. Many of the top tier units have done a large amount of component shrinkage which reduces heat generation and heat loss while increasing overall efficiency of the unit.
A trio of Panasonic bulk capacitors sit on the primary side of the power supply.
The secondary side is littered with Rubycon caps.
ADDA supplies the 140mm fan to provide the active cooling for the Platimax 1350W power supply.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Horizon Zero Dawn is 'best' 4K game on PS4 Pro so far
- Nintendo Switch has 25.9 GB available memory, OS is 4GB
- GDC 2017 tease Ghost Recon Wildlands technology video
- GTX 1080 Ti teased in Halo Wars 2 official requirements
- 'Terminator 2' 3D cinema re-release set for Judgment Day
- How can I Speedup Outlook 2010 Performance?
- Changing Device ID
- Z170M Pro4S underperforming RAM / UEFI bug
- PC may end up in a reboot cycle from cold boot.
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming G1 M.2 SSD Supported?
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Partners with WPGI womens Esports league