The cable arrangement is great for a 1300W+ class power supply. The four PCI-E cables each have dual 6+2 connectors on them and you really wouldn't expect to need anything less with a power supply of such high output. If I could change anything thought, I would have a few different lengths of SATA cables to help remove some cable clutter.
Rail distribution isn't very simple with the Platimax 1350W, but it is easily balanced. 12V1 and 12V2 take care of the motherboard and auxiliary power to the motherboard. 12V3 and 12V5 are reserved for a pair of PCI-E cables each while 12V4 and 12V6 handle one PCI-E cable and three peripheral cables each.
A Look Inside
Short of the three bulk capacitors, you wouldn't know this was a high wattage unit just by looking at the general layout and component count of the unit. Many of the top tier units have done a large amount of component shrinkage which reduces heat generation and heat loss while increasing overall efficiency of the unit.
A trio of Panasonic bulk capacitors sit on the primary side of the power supply.
The secondary side is littered with Rubycon caps.
ADDA supplies the 140mm fan to provide the active cooling for the Platimax 1350W power supply.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's next-gen 'Horned Owl' APU arrives in 2017
- Xbox wants to be the best place for devs to make money
- Amazon Prime now required for new Twitch subscriptions
- NVIDIA shows how awesome Gears of War 4 looks in DX12
- Ubisoft says Nintendo will be 'back in the race' with NX
- Forza Horizon 3 Xbox One Review
- Acer Chromebook R11 Review
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now