The cable arrangement is great for a 1300W+ class power supply. The four PCI-E cables each have dual 6+2 connectors on them and you really wouldn't expect to need anything less with a power supply of such high output. If I could change anything thought, I would have a few different lengths of SATA cables to help remove some cable clutter.
Rail distribution isn't very simple with the Platimax 1350W, but it is easily balanced. 12V1 and 12V2 take care of the motherboard and auxiliary power to the motherboard. 12V3 and 12V5 are reserved for a pair of PCI-E cables each while 12V4 and 12V6 handle one PCI-E cable and three peripheral cables each.
A Look Inside
Short of the three bulk capacitors, you wouldn't know this was a high wattage unit just by looking at the general layout and component count of the unit. Many of the top tier units have done a large amount of component shrinkage which reduces heat generation and heat loss while increasing overall efficiency of the unit.
A trio of Panasonic bulk capacitors sit on the primary side of the power supply.
The secondary side is littered with Rubycon caps.
ADDA supplies the 140mm fan to provide the active cooling for the Platimax 1350W power supply.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Corsair launches Bulldog SFF chassis and Lapdog mechanical keyboards
- G.Skill's TridentZ DDR4 RAM overclocked to an insane 5GHz
- HP teases a high-end PC backpack for VR, still a work in progress
- Corsair's custom-built Dominator Platinum RAM for ASUS ROG announced
- EVGA's new GeForce GTX 1080 features ACX 3.0 cooling, and more
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- GeIL announces new EVO FORZA DDR4 hardcore gaming memory
- Tesoro to showcase new infrared key switch at Computex 2016
- Colorful introduces first custom GTX1080: Colorful iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G
- CybertronPC offers new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics on all desktops
- Inno3D announces new GeForce GTX 1080 video cards