The best piece of advice I read in the literature of the Stinky Footboard is to take it slow. This isn't a device your brain is automatically ready to use, and it takes some time investment before you really become proficient with the Footboard. Start with one thing, like grenades, then after you get your toes used to tapping when you need to chuck a grenade all the time instead of going to the default command on the keyboard or mouse. Once you have that down, then move on to adding say weapons switching to the right and left, get used to that, and then add the fourth key. Once you get used to it in any single application, then it is time to move on to multiple profiles. I did try to go at it with setting all four at once, and while I wasn't so much confused as to what I assigned where on the Footboard, I took a serious loss in the games as now four of my go to controls were now on the board, and I was hard pressed enough to remember to use it at all.
While I was testing the Footboard on the version 1.0 firmware, I had the lights on the board illuminated at all times, and setting the bindings was very easy to do. After about three or four days of use, I was at the point where I could really appreciate the software and use the multiple profiles and the application to profile auto swap part came in really handy. All I had to do at the end was remember four positions for whatever I was applying the board to. I did find that is does make gaming more fun in some aspects, but for other applications such as Photoshop or any editing software, the limitation to only two keys at once and no real Macro ability does limit this switch in ways I think many gamers would like to use it for. When I tested on the latest firmware, version 1.1, I noticed a few things. For one my lights went out unless I was pressing that key, and the second thing I found is that the key bindings were harder to save. You could save slot on with CTRL+O and set slot two with CTRL+S. Then when you go back to the first slot, the command was now just the O and the binding no longer worked. I found that multiple saves and overwrites of the profiles did eventually work, but they worked better on the original firmware.
Stinky does still have some time to tinker around with the features and work out the small kinks that I have seen with the Footboard by their release in July. I seriously think they should work on opening up the command option into more keys at once and possibly adding Macros as well. For MMO, RPG, well really any game, these can be as useful if not more so than what you can do with most single or double key combinations of the keyboard or mouse. The possibilities are truly endless as to what you can set to the Stinky Footboard and allow either of your feet to now take some of the movements away from your hands, keep your head in the game since you aren't looking at the keyboard to hit the combo of keys, and really does add an element of emersion once you have more of your body acting out actions in the game.
Even with a price point of $119.99, I think you are going to enjoy using it, and it is definitely something you will not find anywhere else.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Stinky Gaming Footboard]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Division on PC is held back, as it would be 'unfair' to consoles
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance