Stinky Gaming Footboard
Since I got my sample so early in the development there wasn't any retail packaging ready. What I received inside of a padded envelope was the Footboard, some paperwork and some extra hardware.
The top section of the Footboard is mostly plastic, but this aluminum plate with the company name and LED lights is bolted all the way through so you don't have to worry about screws stripping or the plate coming lose. Dimensionally what you are seeing is 11 inches wide and 14.5 inches long, and it stands one and a half inches tall.
Under the Footboard you get some idea of what is going on with the spring system with the product sicker running the length of the board. You can also see the rubber feet and the connection area at the top left in this image.
Stinky gives the Footboard the model number of SGFB-101201, says it is a Gaming Footboard, and shows it draws 5V of power at 100mA. This device has yet to be patented, it is made in China, and they don't want you removing this large sticker.
The rubber feet aren't just taped to the bottom of the board where they would come lose and fall off easy. Stinky took the extra step to use these feet that require the rounded head to be inside of the footboard grabbing it and holding it in place even with a lot of pressure on the board.
In the space that allows for a couple of fingers to fit in there, there is the mini-USB connection for the included cable, and a power LED that glows red when the device is connected to a PC.
Skipping ahead, I grabbed the cable and plugged the mini-USB end into the Footboard, while the other end of it is obviously connected to the PC now. As you can see, the power LED is now glowing red as I said it would.
Without any drivers installed on the computer, when the Footboard is first connected, both of the red LEDs on top of the board stayed illuminated. It wasn't until I added the software and updated the firmware that I saw the lights acting differently.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Stinky Gaming Footboard]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- StarCraft Korean legend 'Flash' retires
- Microsoft dev streams Halo 5 from Xbox One to HoloLens
- Samsung announces new OEM 750 Series SSDs with corporate warranty
- Seagate boasts new storage archtecture capable of 1Tbps
- Similar numbers on Fallout 4 PC than Battlefront on all platforms
- Sonnet Fusion PCIe Fusion Drive 256GB Thunderbolt 2 SSD Review
- PC-O5SX Availability
- conroe 1333dvi/h beta bios
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- LG TOUTS THE POWER OF OLED IN SLICK NEW CAMPAIGN
- Lenovo Unveils the ThinkPad P40 Yoga Mobile Workstation
- Cohesive Networks Joins HPE's Cloud28+ Catalogue of Services for European Enterprises
- Nokia Technologies announces commercial availability of OZO virtual reality camera
- SingEx Exhibitions Expands Footprint in China with Partnership to Launch IoT China