8K Random Read/Write
8K random read and write speed is a metric that is not tested for consumer use, but for enterprise environments this is an important aspect of performance. With several different workloads relying heavily upon 8K performance, we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our Server Emulations below will also test 8K performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The average 8K random read speed of the Intel DC S3500 comes in at 39,413 IOPS at QD256, placing it between the Seagate 600 Pro and the Samsung SM843.
The average 8K random write speed of the DC S3500 is 1,626 IOPS at QD256. The Intel again matches the SM843 on random write performance, but also provides a very tight performance range.
The Intel DC S3500 falls quickly into the lower performance range during the test period.
The Intel DC S3500 again exhibits a very tight latency range with 50.1% of I/O's falling into the 40-60ms range, and 48.5% falling into the 20-40ms range.
Power consumption for the Intel DC S3500 averages 3.87 Watts during heavy write activity.
The DC S3700 averages 1,626 IOPS per Watt during the preconditioning period. It is important to note that the results are with heavy write activity and SSDs with faster write speeds benefit tremendously. Our mixed read/write workloads will give us a clearer view of the IOPS per Watt performance in the DC S3500's intended workloads.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Doom update adds Deathmatch, private matches
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- GIGABYTE X150M-PRO ECC Xeon Motherboard Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now