8K Random Read/Write
8K random read and write speed is a metric that is not tested for consumer use, but for enterprise environments this is an important aspect of performance. With several different workloads relying heavily upon 8K performance, we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our Server Emulations below will also test 8K performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The average 8K random read speed of the Intel DC S3500 comes in at 39,413 IOPS at QD256, placing it between the Seagate 600 Pro and the Samsung SM843.
The average 8K random write speed of the DC S3500 is 1,626 IOPS at QD256. The Intel again matches the SM843 on random write performance, but also provides a very tight performance range.
The Intel DC S3500 falls quickly into the lower performance range during the test period.
The Intel DC S3500 again exhibits a very tight latency range with 50.1% of I/O's falling into the 40-60ms range, and 48.5% falling into the 20-40ms range.
Power consumption for the Intel DC S3500 averages 3.87 Watts during heavy write activity.
The DC S3700 averages 1,626 IOPS per Watt during the preconditioning period. It is important to note that the results are with heavy write activity and SSDs with faster write speeds benefit tremendously. Our mixed read/write workloads will give us a clearer view of the IOPS per Watt performance in the DC S3500's intended workloads.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel teases next-gen Optane tech, requires Kaby Lake
- HyperX ships more than 2 million headsets in three years
- The latest, and nearly final shots of the Galaxy S8
- Android 8.0 Oreo teased, should be unveiled soon
- Samsung to unveil four new VR/AR projects at MWC 2017
- H97M Pro4 - Intel Smart Connect Technology is running in Win10 but not in Win7
- (GA X99 Designare) Anyone using a Beta BIOS?
- Are there any infos about the dk-05?
- How can I Speedup Outlook 2010 Performance?
- Changing Device ID
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood
- New Final Fantasy XV content including 'booster pack+' release and NieR: Automata collaboration now available
- BC1 wins IF design award
- Battle trailer introduces NieR: Automata main weapon types