Intel DC S3500 Internals
The DC S3500 comes in a 7.5mm z-height metal alloy casing. The 2.5-inch 7.5mm form factor is well suited for slim applications, but for those who demand high density there are 1.8-inch models as well.
The case of the SSD has plastic spacers that keep the PCB snug in the case. The controller, NAND and DRAM is BGA mounted.
The PC29AS21CA0 controller is near the 6Gb/s SATA ports, flanked by two Micron 512MB DDR3-1600 ECC DRAM packages. These DRAM packages are used for caching the large 1:1 mapping scheme employed by Intel.
The Intel 29F32B08MCMF2 20nm MLC NAND is responsible for providing the lower price structure of the DC S3500. There are eight packages per side of the PCB.
The two capacitors occupy a cutout on the side of the PCB. This is a unique capacitor deployment - most applications feature capacitors mounted directly on the PCB. The 3.5V/47uF capacitors are rated for temperatures up to 105C and will flush data to the NAND in the event of a power loss issue.
The proprietary PC29AS21CA controller is a departure from Intel's previous enterprise-class SSDs, with an 8-channel architecture as opposed to the old 10-channel design.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blompkamp's 'Alien' sequel won't 'see the light of day'
- First look at how Musk's underground tunnels might work
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- G1 Sniper 2 rev 1.0 wont boot with GtX 1070
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives