Intel DC S3500 Internals
The DC S3500 comes in a 7.5mm z-height metal alloy casing. The 2.5-inch 7.5mm form factor is well suited for slim applications, but for those who demand high density there are 1.8-inch models as well.
The case of the SSD has plastic spacers that keep the PCB snug in the case. The controller, NAND and DRAM is BGA mounted.
The PC29AS21CA0 controller is near the 6Gb/s SATA ports, flanked by two Micron 512MB DDR3-1600 ECC DRAM packages. These DRAM packages are used for caching the large 1:1 mapping scheme employed by Intel.
The Intel 29F32B08MCMF2 20nm MLC NAND is responsible for providing the lower price structure of the DC S3500. There are eight packages per side of the PCB.
The two capacitors occupy a cutout on the side of the PCB. This is a unique capacitor deployment - most applications feature capacitors mounted directly on the PCB. The 3.5V/47uF capacitors are rated for temperatures up to 105C and will flush data to the NAND in the event of a power loss issue.
The proprietary PC29AS21CA controller is a departure from Intel's previous enterprise-class SSDs, with an 8-channel architecture as opposed to the old 10-channel design.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon Vega Frontier Edition vs NVIDIA TITAN Xp
- Cheapest Rainbow Six Siege in big Ubisoft PC Summer Sale
- Meizu Pro 7 and Pro 7 Plus specs and prices leak
- Sony's next gen PS5 may be traditional console gen
- Samsung Galaxy Stellar 2 specs and pricing leaked
- Patriot Viper V570 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- WD Red 10TB NAS HDD Review
- modded my x79-ud3 bios, processor support question
- The Mummy Movie Review
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller