Intel DC S3500 Internals
The DC S3500 comes in a 7.5mm z-height metal alloy casing. The 2.5-inch 7.5mm form factor is well suited for slim applications, but for those who demand high density there are 1.8-inch models as well.
The case of the SSD has plastic spacers that keep the PCB snug in the case. The controller, NAND and DRAM is BGA mounted.
The PC29AS21CA0 controller is near the 6Gb/s SATA ports, flanked by two Micron 512MB DDR3-1600 ECC DRAM packages. These DRAM packages are used for caching the large 1:1 mapping scheme employed by Intel.
The Intel 29F32B08MCMF2 20nm MLC NAND is responsible for providing the lower price structure of the DC S3500. There are eight packages per side of the PCB.
The two capacitors occupy a cutout on the side of the PCB. This is a unique capacitor deployment - most applications feature capacitors mounted directly on the PCB. The 3.5V/47uF capacitors are rated for temperatures up to 105C and will flush data to the NAND in the event of a power loss issue.
The proprietary PC29AS21CA controller is a departure from Intel's previous enterprise-class SSDs, with an 8-channel architecture as opposed to the old 10-channel design.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The sales of smartwatches have dropped by more than 50%
- Scientists think they've received signals from aliens
- Intel's new Atom processor is a step closer to Skynet
- Google pauses its Fiber rollout, fires 9% of Fiber staff
- WikiLeaks: Apple gives customers' data to governments
- Battlefield 1: War Stories Review
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards