Installation and Finished Product
Getting the back plate secured is easy enough. All you need to do is make sure the holes in middle of the plate are set right for the socket retention screws, then line up the legs and send home those knurled screws with the washers under them to solidify the socket and motherboard.
Up top, you have the washers, knurled screws, the Intel top brackets, and the four screws to keep the top brackets secured to the motherboard essentially.
The last thing to do is add some paste and install the cross bar through the base of the cooler. You can also see how well that offset plays into the alignment of the cooler on the motherboard to allow room on the right side of it.
The 140mm fan clear my naked memory sticks, but in reality it matters very little if the fan is taller, simply because it isn't in the way in the first place.
As you can see, not only does it clear the nearest DIMM slot to the CPU, it also gives a few millimeters of room to allow for a thick heat spreader to get in there too.
This cooler may cause issues if you have a sound card or something in the top slot of the motherboard, it is pretty wide there. As for access, you will have no issues getting to the memory, the motherboard screws or the 8-pin power plug, even if there was a second fan added.
I want to end with the glamour shot, and here we have the Ashura strapped into the D-frame waiting for testing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Scythe Ashura CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Justice League' and 'Wonder Woman' teaser trailers revealed at SDCC
- 7-Eleven makes its first drone delivery, with a Slurpee
- James Cameron talks 'The Abyss' 4K Blu-ray remaster
- AMC reveals The Walking Dead season 7 trailer at SDCC
- No Man's Sky doesn't use patented Superformula, says dev
- Ghostbusters (2016) Cinema Movie Review
- Why do I have trouble starting my machine?
- G1.Sniper M3 Boot Loop
- GPU Ugrade killed my NIC
- Cooler Master MasterBox 5 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio
- G.SKILL announces a major software update for the RIPJAWS KM780 RGB mechanical gaming keyboard