Installation and Finished Product
Getting the back plate secured is easy enough. All you need to do is make sure the holes in middle of the plate are set right for the socket retention screws, then line up the legs and send home those knurled screws with the washers under them to solidify the socket and motherboard.
Up top, you have the washers, knurled screws, the Intel top brackets, and the four screws to keep the top brackets secured to the motherboard essentially.
The last thing to do is add some paste and install the cross bar through the base of the cooler. You can also see how well that offset plays into the alignment of the cooler on the motherboard to allow room on the right side of it.
The 140mm fan clear my naked memory sticks, but in reality it matters very little if the fan is taller, simply because it isn't in the way in the first place.
As you can see, not only does it clear the nearest DIMM slot to the CPU, it also gives a few millimeters of room to allow for a thick heat spreader to get in there too.
This cooler may cause issues if you have a sound card or something in the top slot of the motherboard, it is pretty wide there. As for access, you will have no issues getting to the memory, the motherboard screws or the 8-pin power plug, even if there was a second fan added.
I want to end with the glamour shot, and here we have the Ashura strapped into the D-frame waiting for testing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Scythe Ashura CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- Bloody new 'Logan' trailer embraces hard R-rating
- Buy Resident Evil 7 on Xbox One, get it on the PC, too
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild has an awesome physics engine
- Hitman goes HDR on PC, PS4, Xbox One next week
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni