Accessories and Documentation
Here we have all of the motherboard brackets for the top of the motherboard. On the outsides you have the black AMD top brackets, then the pair of Intel brackets inside of those. Right in the middle you have the cross bar to mount the cooler to the side brackets we just covered.
The majority of the hardware for mounting to go with the brackets is what we have here. There are the LGA2011 screws and the cross bar screws on the left. A wrench in the middle to help secure the cross bar bolts, and on the right you have the universal screws and the four small screws to secure the brackets to the top of the knurled screws at the top.
You are also shipped a small bag of thermal paste, four washers to isolated the knurled screws from the motherboard, and a foam pad with 3M adhesive on it for LGA775 spacing of the back plate.
Instead of the clear plastic spacers we saw with the last back plate, this new black back plate has black rubber on the ends to isolate it from the motherboard.
You are also shipped this 4-pin powered Glide Stream PWM fan to cool the tower. With the specifications we discussed about this fan, I have no doubt it should have what it takes for reasonable results in our testing.
Along with a folded up instruction manual, Scythe also ships he Ashura with four wire fan mounts. This way if you do want the second fan, you don't have to ask for more or rig something up, it's all there when you get the cooler.
On the front of the instruction guide you are given a full list with images of the parts that should have been included in the box. At the bottom of the page they show that you need to remove the film from the base before use, and shows how the fan flows so that you don't put it on backwards.
They break down the installations into the various sockets so you don't get confused. Here we are shown the LGA2011 mounting that does not use the back plate, and you need to use the shorter set of knurled screws.
All of the other Intel sockets are now being shown. The knurled screws are now the longer set, you do need the back plate, and be sure to use the spacer if you are mounting this to an LGA775 motherboard.
For AMD you use the stock back plate, the long knurled screws, and of course you are now switching the top brackets as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Scythe Ashura CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Destiny 2 coming to PC with major improvements
- XCOM 2 no longer PC exclusive, out on Xbox One and PS4
- The Walking Dead co-creator suing AMC for $280 million
- Samsung talks about building a 10K mobile display for VR
- Gears of War 4 requires a huge 80GB HDD space on the PC
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now