As we all learned as children (hopefully), first impressions can mean the world at times. The display on our hands is a perfect example of this; the packaging and presentation, as a whole, are very professional and clean. Now, does the actual product compare? Let's find out.
This particular V.F.D. has a gorgeous glitter-silver template with a black and blue display scheme. VL System has spared us any half-hearted manufacturing. From this unit's shiny enticing template to its polished controls, it makes the absolute necessity for anyone looking to spice up their computing experience.
The product comes with a handful of appropriately included accessories - all of which you will wind up using during one time or another. In the box, you will find:
- 1 L.I.S. VFD Display
- 1 PCI Panel
- 1 COM Cable
- 1 Audio Cable
- 1 Audio Jack
- 1 Business-card-style CD-ROM
On the front of the unit are two buttons: MODE and RESET. The MODE button allows you to switch between visualizations, and RESET simply gives you the ability to restart the VFD when you are experiencing technical problems.
While the entire product remains very sturdy and well-finished, the buttons feel surprisingly cheap. The reason for this is the lack of a strong spring (or shorter ones) behind both buttons. There is very little resistance.
You might expect more features directly on the panel, but the lack of tangible controls is made up for by the amount of options and features included in the L.I.S. VFD software, not to mention the tweaking features accessible on the back of the display.
On the reverse side of the product is a bank of user-definable hardware settings. A: VFD colour selection (blue, red or green), B: Reset/Mode configuration, C: VFD brightness control.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft Paint killed off with new Creators Update
- The new iPhone 8 might be all about AR
- Apple sued by insurance company for alleged iPhone fire
- You can now get Xiaomi Mi 6 with 9,000 mAh battery
- Note8 color options leak: Samsung to introduce Deep Blue
- Maximum ratio (x39) with 4,06GHz for i7 4770 on GA Z87X-UD3H?
- Supermicro SuperO Booster Software Guide
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4