Genius X-G510 Optical Gaming Mouse
The left side of the Genius X-G510 says exactly that in white paint on the lower right of this side of the mouse behind the indent and wavy grooves cut into it. There is one button on this side, and by default this would be the page back button.
The mouse is high in the middle at the top of the curve, but as you get closer to the heel of the mouse, that curve becomes flatter as it fits snugly into the palm of your hand. You can also get an idea of the lightning pattern of the lighting that will soon be visible through the top of this mouse.
The right side of the mouse is an exact copy of the left, sans the naming being painted on. You have the same indented shape and the three grooves to give right and left handed users the exact same feel and experience with the X-G510.
On the front of the mouse there is a band of shiny black plastic that contrasts against the rubberized coating of the right and left click buttons that run right to the front edge of the mouse. You can also see the braided USB cable is centered in the lower half of the mouse to try to keep the wire out in front of the mouse and not snagging on things around it.
I want to cover three things here. One, the pattern of lighting continues pretty far forward. Two, the button behind the scroll wheel is for DPI selection and it will blink slowly on low DPI and gets faster as the DPI is raised. Lastly, I want to say that the rubberized scroll wheel offers forward, back and the click, but does not offer tilt.
Under the X-G510 you will find two wide and thin Teflon feet used to allow this mouse to float on your gaming surface. Since the front goes completely side to side, and the bottom one wraps a third of the way up the sides, it offers great footing on any surface. Slightly off center you will find the sensors eye in a bevelled hole to allow the laser freedom to see the surface, and it should stay clean easier.
With the X-G510 you get 1.8 meters of braided cabling to attach the USB 2.0 connection to your PC. Along with the USB connection having the Genius name on it to make it easier to find, you also get a Velcro strap to help tie up extra wiring or to contain all of it while travelling.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon GPU tech will power Intel's next-gen iGPUs
- Titanfall 2 infographic reveal interesting information
- Apple's new MacBook Pro has crappy battery life
- Ben Affleck's solo Batman movie will arrive in 2018
- Battlefield 1's new update includes SLI fixes, and more
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand