Genius X-G510 Optical Gaming Mouse
The left side of the Genius X-G510 says exactly that in white paint on the lower right of this side of the mouse behind the indent and wavy grooves cut into it. There is one button on this side, and by default this would be the page back button.
The mouse is high in the middle at the top of the curve, but as you get closer to the heel of the mouse, that curve becomes flatter as it fits snugly into the palm of your hand. You can also get an idea of the lightning pattern of the lighting that will soon be visible through the top of this mouse.
The right side of the mouse is an exact copy of the left, sans the naming being painted on. You have the same indented shape and the three grooves to give right and left handed users the exact same feel and experience with the X-G510.
On the front of the mouse there is a band of shiny black plastic that contrasts against the rubberized coating of the right and left click buttons that run right to the front edge of the mouse. You can also see the braided USB cable is centered in the lower half of the mouse to try to keep the wire out in front of the mouse and not snagging on things around it.
I want to cover three things here. One, the pattern of lighting continues pretty far forward. Two, the button behind the scroll wheel is for DPI selection and it will blink slowly on low DPI and gets faster as the DPI is raised. Lastly, I want to say that the rubberized scroll wheel offers forward, back and the click, but does not offer tilt.
Under the X-G510 you will find two wide and thin Teflon feet used to allow this mouse to float on your gaming surface. Since the front goes completely side to side, and the bottom one wraps a third of the way up the sides, it offers great footing on any surface. Slightly off center you will find the sensors eye in a bevelled hole to allow the laser freedom to see the surface, and it should stay clean easier.
With the X-G510 you get 1.8 meters of braided cabling to attach the USB 2.0 connection to your PC. Along with the USB connection having the Genius name on it to make it easier to find, you also get a Velcro strap to help tie up extra wiring or to contain all of it while travelling.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Man gets shot, instead of calling the cops, he grabs an Uber home
- New Fallout 4 mod dramatically overhauls in-game landscapes
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- Just Cause 3's map is huge, covering 400 square miles
- Cards Against Humanity sold nothing over Black Friday, still made $54k
- Newly built PC won't boot
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- NEed help setting bios
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis