This test emulates Database and On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP) workloads. OLTP is in essence the processing of transactions such as credit cards and high frequency trading in the financial sector. Enterprise SSDs are uniquely well suited for the financial sector with their low latency and high random workload performance. Databases are the bread and butter of many enterprise deployments. These are demanding 8K random workloads with a 66% read and 33% write distribution that can bring even the highest performing solutions down to earth.
The Toshiba PX02SMF080 averages 43,296 IOPS during the measurement window, with more pronounced variability than the Optimus, which averaged 39,979 IOPS.
The Toshiba provides 3,075,310 I/Os (23.75%) at 4-6ms, 2,764,853 I/Os (21.36%) at 2-4ms, and 2,501,336 I/O's (19.32%) at 6-8ms. There is a wide gamut of latency for the Toshiba, ranging from .06-.08 to 20-40ms.
The Toshiba averages 6.31 Watts during the precondition run, compared to the 6.8 Watts from the Optimus.
The Toshiba averages 6,817 IOPS per Watt. The Optimus averages 5,823 IOPS per Watt.
The Webserver profile is a read-only test with a wide range of file sizes. Web servers are responsible for generating content for users to view over the internet, much like the very page you are reading. The speed of the underlying storage system has a massive impact on the speed and responsiveness of the server that is hosting the website, and thus the end-user experience.
The Toshiba PX02SMF080 averages 43,080 IOPS at QD256, besting the Optimus which averages 33,805 IOPS at QD256. The Toshiba clearly excels at this type of read-centric workload.
The Toshiba provides 32% of I/Os in the 4-6ms range, 28% of I/Os at 6-8ms, 21% of I/O's at 2-4ms, and 13% of I/O's at 8-10ms.
The Toshiba averages 5.3 Watts during the measurement window.
The Toshiba averages 43,800 IOPS per Watt, above the Optimus with 5,579 IOPS per Watt.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Toshiba PX02SM Specifications]
- Page 3 [SAS 12Gb/s Architecture]
- Page 4 [Toshiba PX02SMF080 Internals]
- Page 5 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 6 [4K Random Read/Write]
- Page 7 [8K Random Read/Write]
- Page 8 [128K Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 9 [Database/OLTP and Webserver]
- Page 10 [Fileserver and Emailserver]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Aquaman swims onto screens on October 5, 2018
- Crackdown 3 runs at 4K on Xbox Scorpio, arrives in 2017
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries announced for 2018
- GIVEAWAY: Corsair Limited RM1000i Special Edition PSU
- Universal's 'The Mummy' returns in first teaser trailer
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset