Toshiba PX02SM Specifications Specifications
The Toshiba PX02SMx series features 24nm eMLC NAND in conjunction with a Toshiba/Marvell TC58NC9036GTC controller with custom firmware. The SSD provides 120,000/30,000 random read/write IOPS and 900/400MB/s of sequential read/write speed.
There is also the inclusion of 1GB of DRAM caching to manage LBA mapping on the 800GB, 256MB for the 200GB and 512MB for the 400GB model. The PX02SM series is compatible with 6Gb/s and 12Gb/s SAS dual port connections. The dual port SAS connection provides multipath and failover redundancy.
The PX02SMx series SSDs, and the 800GB PX02SMF080 we are evaluating today, support SANITIZE Cryptographic-Erase functionality and 256-bit AES encryption. Unlike a regular disk erase using lengthy over-write operations, the Cryptographic-Erase function simply regenerates the SED drive's encryption key, effectively invalidating all previously stored user data. This allows SED storage devices to be quickly and securely sanitized before re-allocation, redeployment or retirement.
The PX02SMQ/U series also supports the TCG Enterprise Security Subsystem Class (SSC) protocols to provide additional security features.
The PX02SM comes in capacities of 200GB, 400GB, 800GB and 1,600GB with a 7mm Z-height (the 1.6TB version has a 15mm Z-height). The endurance of the SSD scales with capacity and endurance of 3.7PB, 7.3PB, 14.6PB and 29.2PB is warrantied for up to five years for the various capacity points. This equates to roughly 10DWPD of endurance.
Power loss protection is built-in with a bank of tantalum capacitors to flush data in transit down to the NAND in the event of a power failure. The energy efficiency is 13,400 IOPS per Watt, though this is measured as read IOPS per Watt. A maximum draw of 9 Watts is listed as the peak power consumption.
One missing element from the chart is the UBER rating of 1 in 10E17.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Toshiba PX02SM Specifications]
- Page 3 [SAS 12Gb/s Architecture]
- Page 4 [Toshiba PX02SMF080 Internals]
- Page 5 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 6 [4K Random Read/Write]
- Page 7 [8K Random Read/Write]
- Page 8 [128K Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 9 [Database/OLTP and Webserver]
- Page 10 [Fileserver and Emailserver]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA shows how awesome Gears of War 4 looks in DX12
- Ubisoft says Nintendo will be 'back in the race' with NX
- Amazon developing sports game, sandbox MMO, survival MMO
- Microsoft had hoped for 200 million Xbox One sales
- Man walks into Apple Store, destroys Macs, iPhones
- Acer Chromebook R11 Review
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now