Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
Launching at $399, the new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2GB manages to really hit at a good price point. It is $250 cheaper than the GTX 780 3GB and also comes in at a similar price point to the HD 7970 GHz Edition.
I think at the end of the day we'd prefer the newer GTX 770 2GB over the AMD offering due to the simple fact it's a newer model. We can't deny the fact, though, that we'd love to see NVIDIA embrace DisplayPort connectivity more, especially coming from someone who drives three monitors all by DisplayPort.
Performance on the GTX 770 is strong as you'd expect with some decent specifications behind it. The clocks out of the box are extremely strong, but it will be interesting to see what kind of headroom we have with it, especially the GDDR5, which is already coming in at over 7000MHz QDR out of the box.
Like the reference GTX 780 3GB, we'd prefer that the GTX 770 operated a little cooler out of the box. While 80c is not a problem, and the noise levels are based on making sure the card runs no warmer than that, we wouldn't complain if it came in a little bit lower.
Saying that, though, it's honestly not something that we're too worried about. After taking a look at the new EVGA GTX 780 3GB SuperClocked and seeing what the new ACX cooler is capable of, we're sure that we'll see something similar from EVGA (and others) on the GTX 770 2GB, helping drop both idle and load temperatures down, with little issue to noise levels.
Outside of a $50 - $75 price drop on the HD 7970 GHz Edition from AMD and their partners, we must admit that we're a little worried about what AMD are going to do when it comes to the top end market. It's going to start getting extremely tough for them, so what happens now will be interesting.
We have to say we're excited about testing both the overclocking and the SLI potential of the new GTX 770. With two of these video cards coming in around $200 cheaper than the GTX TITAN 6GB, the difference between two of these cards and a single GTX TITAN is going to be interesting. So, make sure you keep an eye out for those articles in the coming weeks on TweakTown, it should be a good reason and interesting test.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 20 [Temperature Test]
- Page 21 [Sound Test]
- Page 22 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 23 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Valve wants to make Source 2 engine free for all devs
- Microsoft buys leading API studio Simplygon
- Path of Exile is coming to Xbox One
- Halo 6 won't be Project Scorpio launch game after all
- Tekken 7 release date will be announced next week
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup