You can see familiarities between the GTX 780 3GB and the GTX TITAN 6GB, offering the same cooler design. We've really got to say that this is one of the more stylish looking reference coolers and we love the see through panel that allows us check out the massive heatsink that is offered.
You can see it uses that typical reference cooler design that places the fan of the right side, verses straight over the GPU. The design here is of course to suck in cool air and blow it straight across the hot GPU, while then pushing the hot air straight out the back of the case. The only really major change from the GTX 780 comes in the form of the GTX 770 branding.
You can see across the top and towards the back we have a single 6-pin and 8-pin PCIe power connector. Staying at the top and moving to the front, you can see a pair of SLI connectors, giving us the chance to run up to three of these video cards together in SLI.
The I/O side of things is fairly standard with two Dual-Link DVI adapters - one in the form of DVI-D and the other in the form of DVI-I. You can also wee we've got a HDMI and DisplayPort connector to round things off.
Firing up GPU-Z and checking out some of the main specifications against the GTX 780 3GB, Stream Processors are down from 12 to 8, while CUDA Cores have also dropped from 2304 to 1536. Other main areas that are slightly down on the GTX 770 when compared to the GTX 780 include Texture Units and ROP units which move from 192 and 48 to 128 and 32, respectively.
As for the 2GB of GDDR5, the memory bus width is reduced from 384-bit to 256-bit. Saying that, though, NVIDIA are offering both a 2GB and 4GB version. The main one being pushed at the moment, though, is the 2GB version, which will of course come in a little cheaper.
Two areas we've seen the GTX 770 go up in, though, are clock speeds, which isn't a huge surprise considering the fact that a lot of other areas have taken a hit. The core comes in at 1046MHz which hits 1085MHz via Boost, compared to the 863MHz / 900MHz setup that the GTX 780 sees. The memory has also been moved from the standard 6008MHz QDR that we normally see to a very solid 7010MHz QDR.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 20 [Temperature Test]
- Page 21 [Sound Test]
- Page 22 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 23 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield 1 pre-orders grant early access to full game, DLC map
- Battlefield 1 campaign features multiple perspectives
- Battlefield 1 getting an open beta, here's how to sign up
- Battlefield 1 has 64 player multiplayer with environmental chaos
- Battlefield 1 coming first to Xbox One via EA Access
- 1MORE Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones Review
- Strange indeed P57W Laptop Shutdown
- Z77Pro4 no support for Haswell or skylake cpus?
- H97MPro4 - Machine mysteriously turns back on in Win7
- Windows 10 install - Raid 0 SSDs
- G.SKILL introduces 5 new color schemes to Trident Z Series DDR4 memory
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboards featuring Braswell refresh processors
- Turtle Beach reinvents eSports gaming headsets with the Elite Pro
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat