Specifications, Availability and Pricing
As you can see above, the GAMMAXX S40 will accommodate just about any CPU currently on the market with a TDP less than 130W. In the listings you will find generic listings of CPU types rather than the individual processors. This is because the stock TDP of all of the processors listed fall below the ratings at the top. Once you try to apply an overclock, depending on how high you go, results of your own thermal testing may get a bit out of hand. As I mentioned before, these are stock replacement solutions, but with this sort of a rating, you could take a low-end chip and have plenty of room to push things as far as clock are concerned.
The cooler body is comprised of 41 natural aluminum fins that get pressed over four copper heat pipes that have been nickel plated to help fight oxidation. The tips of these pipes are exposed through the top of the cooler and they make a U shaped bend at the bottom as they run through the skived aluminum base plate. This is a one piece base that ships with pre-applied thermal paste on it, but the one piece design means that the pipes are exposed on the bottom with DEEPCOOL's Core Touch Technology. In layman's terms, this means the pipes are soldered in the plate, and once the assembly is complete, they mill both the pipes and the base to one level of flatness to set on the CPU. This cooler will stand 143 mm tall, it is 81.3mm from the front edge of the fan to the trailing edge of the fins, and it is 120mm wide. When the body and 120mm fan are combined, you have a cooler that weighs in at 610 grams. Speaking of the fan, this one is capable of 1600 RPM, 55.50 CFM, and is rated to deliver only 21dBA of noise while in full operation.
The DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX S40 is said to have an MSRP of $30, and that is straight from DEEPCOOL. This of course means it is not going to break the bank to obtain one, and really makes this a viable solution for anyone looking for better than the reference heat sink. I was able to track this cooler down for sale online, but BlueSKU.com wants $40.82 plus shipping for one, and the price goes down as you buy more quantity. I also believe that this cooler will also be available in some of the box stores out there, but as of this moment, the only listing I could actually find has been discussed.
If the DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX S40 looks like the cooler for you, I would suggest waiting just a little bit longer until stock arrives at more locations to drive the cost down closer to the MSRP.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX S40 CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's 12C/24T and 16C/32T CPUs called 'ThreadRipper'
- FMV games are coming back with Late Shift on April 18
- First Dolby Vision 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray discs announced
- AORUS GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G announced
- Mafia 3 demo released, offers 50% discount on full game
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design