This is the same software package I downloaded when I reviewed the G710+ keyboard, just now it works for the G700s since that is what I have connected. From here you obviously see the mouse, but on the right it shows that I can pick from onboard memory, or I can switch it over to look for profiles on my PC. The arrow and the gear will take you to the same screen as the mouse icon next to the home at the bottom.
Moving from the home screen to the settings section, you can see you have a lot to control. On the left you can reprogram the 11 buttons with a dropdown menu that shows up when you click on the text or the button in the image. At the top you can choose which of the five profiles you would like to program when in the software. At the bottom you can assign the five levels of DPI in each profile, change the polling rate up to 1000Hz.
Something worth noting is that Logitech did change the configuration for each of the five profiles. If you look back at the last image, you can see the default function for the keys is now different than it was in profile one, and even brings Macros into the mix.
One thing I wanted to point out is the advanced setting dropdown box. Here you can set the mouse to one of the three power profiles. Power saver obviously gives you the longest life, and max gaming gives you optimum performance all the time, but at an expense to time between charges.
Clicking on the gear wheel at the bottom will bring up the setting menu for some of the more mundane things like application startup with Windows, how the Macro recording works, and other things to make the software look good. There is also the G700s tab with a few options to change, and you can select the way the profiles work, as in a persistent profile that boots up all the time, even how they scroll when the button is used to swap between them.
If you have any deeper questions about the G700s' functionality, and want to try to figure it out on your own, under the "?" icon, you will find a very good help section to try to satisfy your query. This should get you through anything that is a little tough to understand. If this section can't help you with your specific issue or desire, you may then want to contact support for more defined answers for your questions.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- Next-gen PS4 coming in 2018, analyst predicts
- Acer's new laptop rocks unreleased NVIDIA graphics card
- AMD Radeon RX Vega loses to GTX 1080 at 1080p
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives