Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Covering the specifications offered from Logitech, things are very general in their presentation because points are just touched on and not very specific. They start off with the part number before they point out the three year warranty and the system requirements. They then cover the contents including the mouse, wireless receiver, charging cable, receiver extender cable and the documentation. Under that they discuss the 20 million click lifespan of the right and left buttons, but make no mention of the switch type, and I can only guess the 250 Kilometers is in reference to range of the mouse. The right side then holds all of the information one might want about the range of things associated with the laser sensor, but again no mention of specific components. In this sensor you can have up to 8200 DPI, 12MP/s processing, 20G of acceleration, and it will track up to 165 inches per second, so there is no real way to confuse this sensor as to where it should be.
What they don't cover is the fact that they went top notch and installed Omron D2FC-F switches under the right and left click buttons, and use smaller and much thinner pad style switches for the rest of the controls. They also equipped this mouse with a high-end laser gaming sensor, the Avago ADNS A9808. Outside of the technical there are the aesthetics to cover as well, and here Logitech did really well. They use highly textured plastic on the sides to ensure grip during heated sessions of use, but in the middle it is smooth to cradle your hand in comfort. The G700s has 17 buttons or functions on it to allow users to apply macros, or reassign keys on the mouse to make life easier in your daily routine. They also use a combination of black and gunmetal colored plastic, and it is then trimmed with loads of thin black lines, and white accent striping to help you locate all of the functions atop the mouse.
As far as the pricing is concerned, I think you are about to see that you do get a lot for the price point of the G700s. Searching around, I was able to find a few locations cheaper than the MSRP set by Logitech, but on that same note, besides eBay, I have not used any of them before. Newegg is selling the G700s at the MSRP of $99.99, and they are including free two-day shipping. If you want to, you can even go directly to Logitech and purchase the mouse for the same pricing, and even there they are offering free shipping as well.
While a lot of people think $100 for a mouse is a little ludicrous, I strongly urge you to disregard that thought and look at the Logitech G700s with a wide open mind. I think by the end of the review, you will end up agreeing that you do get quite a lot of mouse for the asking price.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huawei Mate 9 goes on sale in the US on January 6th
- Faraday Future keeps teasing their upcoming electric car
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- Asrock J3355M doesn't power on (mostly)
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD