Features and Usability
The Toshiba e750 comes packaged nicely and securely in a medium-sized box with USB cradle, 10W AC adapter, a stylus pen, leather case, English and Chinese user manuals and warranty card - as well as the Pocket PC itself, of course.
Overall the package included by Toshiba is very nice and comes with more than what I expected when buying the Pocket PC. The leather case and USB cradle are both very good additions. Initially I have got to say we have typical very high quality stuff from Toshiba here, again surpassing what I expected.
- Size and Weight
The e750 is one of the larger Pocket PC's on the market measuring in at 4.9 x 3.1 x 0.6 inches and weighing around 7 ounces (about twice as heavy as your regular modern mobile phone) - it's not the lightest unit but it's not that heavy that it is going to cause issues either. It is heavier than most others since it has Wi-Fi built-in.
When it comes to carrying around either the e750 Pocket PC or regular notebook computer, I know what I would choose.
- High Quality Screen
The e750 uses a high quality 3.8" TFT transreflective color screen with a portrait-sized resolution of 240 x 320 pixels.
While I haven't had a chance to play around with that many PDA's, it's easy to see this screen is produced with very high quality parts. It produces remarkable color and is very bright with the maximum display settings enabled, making text simple to read without causing any eye strain over extended amounts of time (believe me when I say this - I played with the device for many hours on our return flight from Taiwan).
Being a PDA, naturally image quality doesn't compare to a desktop CRT or LCD monitor, although for such a small device the image quality is quite adequate and very workable as you can see in the picture above. And remember, since it is TFT display, the further you hold the display away from your eyes, the better the image quality becomes.
- Wi-Fi and Infrared supported but no Bluetooth
The e750 Pocket PC comes with Wi-Fi (wireless LAN) and infrared both built-in. The Wi-Fi part of the device is very easy to setup and use. I switched on the Wi-Fi function and within a couple seconds it had detected our wireless network with correct SSID and asked if it should use the connection for "The Internet". After tapping yes, I loaded up Internet Explorer and I was online through the marvel which is DHCP. Way too easy!
If you use any infrared devices, such as your mobile phone, you will be pleased to know the e750 Pocket PC comes with infrared built-in as well.
The only wireless connectivity function not included which might concern certain people is Bluetooth. While Bluetooth never really took off as planned, there are still quite a few Bluetooth products on the market and if I were Toshiba, I would have added support for it for thoroughness.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple's iPod changed the world of music 15 years ago
- ARK: Survival Evolved update: new dinos, maps, and more
- AT&T buys HBO, Warner Bros., and CNN for $80 billion
- Shadow Warrior 2 patched, includes several optimizations
- PS4 Pro 'turns off half the GPU' to run normal PS4 games
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook