Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
The first thing we've got to talk about is the pricing of the EVGA video card we've got here today. Coming in at $659.99 or $10 more expensive than the reference cooled design at the time of writing, I'd go almost as far to say that you'd be crazy to not spend the extra money and grab this cooler (model) over the reference model. Not only does it look great, but you can see from the numbers here today that it's a lot more efficient than the reference cooler.
The only problem, though, is availability. While listed at Newegg, most people probably feel the same way as us and feel it would be insane to not spend the extra $10 for this cooler and this out of the box overclock. For that reason it's one of only two GTX 780's that are currently completely sold out. If you're happy to wait, we'd suggest grabbing this over a reference cooled GTX 780, of course if you need it now, then you don't really have too much of a choice right now.
Getting onto the performance side of things, we can't really comment too much about the single video card performance with the overclock on offer here today, but we can tell from past experience that the strong out of the box overclock on the core is going to give a nice bump in gaming performance. While EVGA have chosen to leave the memory clock alone, this isn't a huge surprise as we know that overclocking the memory has little effect when it comes to real added performance. Instead you'd always be better off getting as much out of the core as possible, and that's what EVGA has done.
Covering the performance we can talk about SLI and just as you'd hope and expect really, it is fantastic. There's consistently strong gains in almost everything we benched over a single card setup and overall everything is playable at every setting. The only time we really see the setup fall short is with Nexuiz 2560 x 1600 and Sleeping Dogs 2560 x 1600 with AA and AF turned on, and those are both really intensive gaming configurations.
Really there isn't much more to say here today about the EVGA GTX 780 that we've got on hand. They've done a really excellent job when it comes to improving on the reference design that NVIDIA provided by adding a great cooler and giving us a strong out of the box overclock. Spending your money on this video card surely won't disappoint.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 20 [Temperature Test]
- Page 21 [Sound Test]
- Page 22 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 23 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Four-part Mass Effect book series links original trilogy to Andromeda
- Sonic the Hedgehog's new 2017 game to have 'huge emphasis on quality'
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- X170 EXTREME ECC Build
- GA-Z77-UD5H and W10 Sata Port Recognition?
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines