Moving away from the bundle and onto the card itself, you can see straight away that EVGA has decided to pull away from the reference cooler. Instead they've opted for a dual fan setup, which features a truly massive heatsink. The card really looks and feels great. We hope that it's an improvement compared to the reference cooler, as we mentioned on the first page, we felt it operated a little too warm.
Taking a quick spin around you're not going to see anything out of the ordinary. At the back we've got a single 8-pin and 6-pin PCIe power connector, while closer to the front you can see we have a pair of SLI connectors that allow us to run up to four of these bad boys together.
Looking at the connectivity you can see we've got a pair of Dual-Link DVI connectors in the form of a DVI-D and DVI-I. Along with those we've got a HDMI and DisplayPort connector to round off this side. You can also see we've got a vent that's designed to help push some of the hot air out the back of your system.
As we mentioned in our original review of the reference GTX 780 3GB, the out of the box clocks are 863MHz on the core, which is boosted to 902MHz. As for the 3GB of GDDR5, that comes in with the typical 6008MHz QDR clock.
From what we've seen from EVGA before, they do a pretty good job of offering an overclock that is worthy of the SuperClocked title. Looking above you can see while they've chosen to ignore the memory clock, they've boosted the core to 967MHz, which is then pushed to an even stronger 1020MHz via boost.
Quickly before we move on you can also see at the bottom that SLI is indeed enabled via 2 GPUs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 20 [Temperature Test]
- Page 21 [Sound Test]
- Page 22 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 23 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NieR: Automata PC release date 'accidentally' revealed
- Nintendo Switch launch game exceeds console's storage
- AMD will dominate the mid-range with Ryzen 7 1700X
- AMD's new Ryzen 7 1800X: 8C/16T @ 4GHz for $499
- AMD's new Ryzen CPU hits 52% IPC improvement
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- Z270 Supercarrier - blackscreen 09/d0, cannot switch to backup BIOS
- E5450 oveclock on EP45-DS3L
- H97M Pro4 - Intel Smart Connect Technology is running in Win10 but not in Win7
- (GA X99 Designare) Anyone using a Beta BIOS?
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood