Moving away from the bundle and onto the card itself, you can see straight away that EVGA has decided to pull away from the reference cooler. Instead they've opted for a dual fan setup, which features a truly massive heatsink. The card really looks and feels great. We hope that it's an improvement compared to the reference cooler, as we mentioned on the first page, we felt it operated a little too warm.
Taking a quick spin around you're not going to see anything out of the ordinary. At the back we've got a single 8-pin and 6-pin PCIe power connector, while closer to the front you can see we have a pair of SLI connectors that allow us to run up to four of these bad boys together.
Looking at the connectivity you can see we've got a pair of Dual-Link DVI connectors in the form of a DVI-D and DVI-I. Along with those we've got a HDMI and DisplayPort connector to round off this side. You can also see we've got a vent that's designed to help push some of the hot air out the back of your system.
As we mentioned in our original review of the reference GTX 780 3GB, the out of the box clocks are 863MHz on the core, which is boosted to 902MHz. As for the 3GB of GDDR5, that comes in with the typical 6008MHz QDR clock.
From what we've seen from EVGA before, they do a pretty good job of offering an overclock that is worthy of the SuperClocked title. Looking above you can see while they've chosen to ignore the memory clock, they've boosted the core to 967MHz, which is then pushed to an even stronger 1020MHz via boost.
Quickly before we move on you can also see at the bottom that SLI is indeed enabled via 2 GPUs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 20 [Temperature Test]
- Page 21 [Sound Test]
- Page 22 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 23 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dishonored 2 lets you play as Corvo or Emily, has dynamic endings
- New Watch Dogs 2 lead character reportedly leaked
- YouTube testing clean Material design
- Twitter stock falls to all-time low
- The Rock's alarm clock app inspires you to get up in the morning
- x5450 on ep43-s3l overclock help
- Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming-5P | Intermittent Boot Failure & USB Crashes in Windows 10
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Mobile Drive 4TB USB C Review
- Asus F2A85-M won't go into BIOS
- I bought a new open box assus laptop but the sound does not work, help.
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience