Accessories and Documentation
Here we have the Intel universal back plate and LGA 775 spacer pad with 3M backing to secure the pad to the plate. On the black steel plate, there is a pair of socket retention screw holes near the middle, and on each end is a clear plastic sticker to isolate the plate from the board. Each end also offers mounting holes for 775, 115X and 1366.
The top mounting brackets are what I have in this image. On the left is a pair of AMD brackets, the cross-bar center mounting bar and the Intel brackets on the right side.
Almost all of the rest of the hardware is shown here. On the left you have the mounting through bolts for either AMD or Intel sockets with bracket screws below for mounting the top hardware. In the middle there is a bag of thermal compound, a wrench and the cross-bar screws. This leaves the LGA2011 bolts and the white nylon spacers on the right.
You will also find a single pair of wire fan clips, and some super simple, well written and illustrated instructions for both AMD on one side and Intel on the other. To be honest, the kit is pretty self-explanatory, but it never hurts to have the instructions for when you get stuck or are unsure of the process.
You also receive one Glide Stream fan from Scythe. This is a 1400RPM maximum speed, 120mm fan, which comes in all black offering nine blades with grooves in them to help scoop and direct the airflow while allowing the fan to run virtually silent at speed.
I also took an image of the back of the fan for three reasons. I wanted to show that the back of the blades look pretty normal, you can see the power draw and model number of the fan, and of course you can see that it offers a 4-pin connection since this is a PWM controlled offering.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Scythe Mugen 4 CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- OSVR updates its hardware, delivers 1080p 120Hz display and more
- WhatsApp is now home to 900 million users
- Toyota pledges $50 million into autonomous car research centers at MIT
- PowerColor's new dual-GPU has 16GB of VRAM, requires 1000W of power
- QuakeCon 2016 announced for August 4-7, 2016
- Gigabyte GA-170-DH3
- TP-LINK Archer C3200 Tri-Band AC3200 Wireless Router Review
- Does my motherbord support this RAM ?
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Xbox STEA2000403 Add-on Storage Device Review
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015