Scythe packs the Mugen inside of a cardboard box that shows a nickel plated version of the cooler in the large image behind the Mugen 4 naming. Under the box denoting the 1150 readiness of this cooler, it shows a realistic look at the copper pipes with the size and amount shown.
On the right of the packaging Scythe takes a moment to discuss the Hyper Precision Mounting System (H.P.M.S.), the Three-dimensional Multiple Pass-through Structure (T-M.A.P.S.), the included Glide Stream 120mm PWM fan, the fact you can mount dual fans to it, and the wide range of compatible sockets.
On the back of the packaging there is a lot of information to take in. At the top it displays the company information and the support address. It then carries onto the two year warranty and what is covered under it. It also offers information explaining to read the manual, instances where there may be an issue with this cooler, and safety precautions to take with the Mugen 4.
The last panel offers dimensional drawings of both the three dimensions of the cooler, but it also shows the fan measurements. At the bottom of this side you will also see a condensed, multilingual version of the specifications chart.
At this point, all I have done was to open the top four flaps and remove a flap that allows the pipe caps to poke through, keeping the cooler centered in the box. Besides that, there is only a thin layer of foam to keep the fan from rubbing the cooler in shipping; the rest of the protection is up to the cardboard box. I will say this, even with so little inner packaging, the Mugen 4 arrived in good condition.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Scythe Mugen 4 CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Skyrim looks way better on the PS4 than it did on PS3
- Score this award-winning Bluetooth speaker for 50% off
- Blizzard talk rewards in World of Warcraft patch: 7.1
- The sales of smartwatches have dropped by more than 50%
- Scientists think they've received signals from aliens
- Battlefield 1: War Stories Review
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards