Scythe packs the Mugen inside of a cardboard box that shows a nickel plated version of the cooler in the large image behind the Mugen 4 naming. Under the box denoting the 1150 readiness of this cooler, it shows a realistic look at the copper pipes with the size and amount shown.
On the right of the packaging Scythe takes a moment to discuss the Hyper Precision Mounting System (H.P.M.S.), the Three-dimensional Multiple Pass-through Structure (T-M.A.P.S.), the included Glide Stream 120mm PWM fan, the fact you can mount dual fans to it, and the wide range of compatible sockets.
On the back of the packaging there is a lot of information to take in. At the top it displays the company information and the support address. It then carries onto the two year warranty and what is covered under it. It also offers information explaining to read the manual, instances where there may be an issue with this cooler, and safety precautions to take with the Mugen 4.
The last panel offers dimensional drawings of both the three dimensions of the cooler, but it also shows the fan measurements. At the bottom of this side you will also see a condensed, multilingual version of the specifications chart.
At this point, all I have done was to open the top four flaps and remove a flap that allows the pipe caps to poke through, keeping the cooler centered in the box. Besides that, there is only a thin layer of foam to keep the fan from rubbing the cooler in shipping; the rest of the protection is up to the cardboard box. I will say this, even with so little inner packaging, the Mugen 4 arrived in good condition.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Scythe Mugen 4 CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [The Test System and Thermal Results]
- Page 8 [Noise Level Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huddy: FreeSync on its way to all kinds of TVs
- Overwatch Competitive Play mode launches on Xbox One
- Intel joins BMW and Mobileeye on autonomous car technology
- Make the game you want to play with School of Game Design
- Lost in Space is coming back, with a 10-episode Netflix reboot
- asrock pro3 issues
- Techman XC100E5C 1.6TB Enterprise PCIe NVMe SSD Review
- Insight Needed for RAM upgrade issue.
- Doom Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Cant overclock RAM
- MSI starring new Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 graphics card
- AMD launches the Radeon Rebellion with the Radeon RX 480 video card, available now
- SAPPHIRE launches next generation Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 video card
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card