Something that we would've liked to have covered in more detail at launch, but didn't get the chance to due to the late arrival of our sample is the "GeForce Experience". The idea about behind the GeForce Experience software is to not only making gaming better, but to also make the general GeForce Experience easier. Finally coming out of the BETA stage, the GeForce Experience hits us with version 1.2. It is simple put the best way to make sure you're getting the best gaming experience.
The software is essentially built into two main areas; the "Drivers" area and the "Games" area. The Driver area is simple - it lets you know if your driver is up to date. If it's not, it lets you know the latest one and also gives you the release highlights.
The second area is the "Games" area. Using the specifications of your system, GeForce Experience helps set the in-game settings to the most optimal level. This is done either by increasing the settings of the game or decreasing the settings of the game depending on your system. In the end the plan is to simply offer you the best possible detail, while helping maintain a strong frame rate.
The GeForce Experience is something that we're going to take a deeper look at in the coming weeks as it really helps add value to your NVIDIA purchase. Not everyone understands what's going on in the settings of their favorite games. A small adjustment in one area can have a massive impact on performance - sometimes positive and sometimes negative. NVIDIA aim to just make getting into your favorite game and playing it at the best possible settings easier by offering one clock optimization.
Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
Before we get into the final thoughts, I just again want to mention the fact that I know we didn't include the GTX 680 in our results here today. But as we've already mentioned twice, we don't have one on hand, and we also don't have current enough results from when we last tested one to include here today. Because of that we weren't able to include it today in our graphs.
Getting away from that topic, though, and getting into the GTX 780 3GB, we're dealing with a video card that performs extremely well. You can see at times it manages to perform not all that far behind the $999 GTX TITAN. We absolutely love that video card, but we're not delusional. The associated price tag of the model means that it's simply not an option for most people.
So, on the topic of price, what's the GTX 780 3GB going to set you back? A cool $649. This isn't a cheap price either, but we have to admit that next to $999, it looks a lot more attractive - especially when you consider the performance difference of the two models, which at times is quite minimal.
Against the AMD HD 7970 GHz Edition, the new GTX 780 is going to set you back roughly $200 more at launch time. Comparing the two models, the performance difference is between almost nothing to 60%, depending on the game. I think what's more important, though, is those gains that are around 20% which see the HD 7970 GHz Edition come in at under 60 FPS and the new GTX 780 come in over it. That's the difference between playable and not playable and that holds the most value.
The two key areas that we really need to take the time to look at now, though, is the overclocking and SLI side of things - both will be covered in the coming days. While we can't comment on overclocking just yet, if previous experience is anything to go by, we should see some decent numbers when it comes to SLI.
The addition of the GTX 780 to the NVIDIA line up is nice. The GTX 680 is indeed feeling a little stale these days and with companies already having offered heavily modified versions of it, there's really not much room to improve on it anymore. The GTX TITAN is a fantastic model no doubt, but the price tag hurts it.
The new GTX 780 helps hit a price gap that isn't really filled at the moment and offers some fantastic performance. From what we've heard, the little brother to it should be showing up just before Computex Taipei 2013 at the start of June, and with nothing really new coming from AMD, we wonder how they're going to respond to NVIDIA in the next month or so.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 20 [Temperature Test]
- Page 21 [Sound Test]
- Page 22 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 23 [GeForce Experience and Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance