You can see the design of the GTX 780 resembles the GTX TITAN almost perfectly. We've got the clear piece in the middle which lets us see the massive heatsink that is installed. You can see we've got the typical fan design on the right that helps draw air in, push it straight across the GPU and exit straight out the back of the case. You can see the same silver and black design is present and to the left you can see the GTX 780 name embedded into the shroud. It's not only a sexy looking cooler, but also has great solid feel to it.
Taking a look around, it's very similar to the GTX TITAN. You can see that power comes in the form of a single 8-pin PCIe and 6-pin PCIe connector, while closer to the front you can see two SLI connectors, which provide the ability to run up to four of these video cards together.
When it comes to connectivity, we see a typical high-end NVIDIA setup. We've got two Dual-Link DVI connectors along with a DisplayPort and HDMI connector. We'd love to see NVIDIA offer us a bit more in terms of DisplayPort, especially coming from someone who has been using the technology for three years now. In the end, though, we've really got everything most people will need.
One of the main video cards we would like to compare the GTX 780 against is the older GTX 680 that it's clearly replacing. Unfortunately we don't have the GTX 680 on hand and the last time we had results for the model was before we updated our benchmark line up. Saying that, it's still the main model we're going to compare the GTX 780 against when it comes to the specifications.
Starting off with one of the main areas, the GTX 780 comes with 2304 CUDA cores, compared to 1536 which was seen on the GTX 680. Texture units and ROP units have also both been increased to 192 and 48 from 128 and 32, respectively. The other big change comes in the memory bus width which is now 384-bit compared to 256-bit.
When it comes to the clock department, the core comes in at 863MHz or 900MHz via Boost while the 3GB of GDDR5 carries the same 6008MHz QDR. Against the GTX TITAN, the main numbers for that model include 2688 CUDA cores, 224 and 48 Texture Units and ROP units. The core clock on the GTX TITAN is slightly lower, but the 3GB of GDDR5 sits on the same bus and carries with it the same clock.
While the core clock on the GTX 780 is lower than the GTX 680, the strong increase in Stream processors, Texture units and ROP units is going to be more than enough to give a solid boost in performance over the older GPU.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 20 [Temperature Test]
- Page 21 [Sound Test]
- Page 22 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 23 [GeForce Experience and Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The new Zelda game takes up nearly half Switch's storage
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 900p docked, 720p undocked
- Super Mario Odyseey hits 7 million views on YouTube
- Mass Effect: Andromeda will support HDR10, Dolby Vision
- GIGABYTE's Aorus brand is ready for next-gen GPUs
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99