AIDA64 Random Access Time
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.60
Developer Homepage: http://www.aida64.com
Product Homepage: http://www.aida64.com
AIDA64 offers several different benchmarks for testing and optimizing your system or network. The Random Access test is one of very few if not only that will measure hard drives random access times in hundredths of milliseconds as oppose to tens of milliseconds.
Drives with only one or two tests displayed in the write test mean that they have failed the test and their Maximum and possibly their Average Scores were very high after the cache fills. This usually happens only with controllers manufactured by Jmicron.
As we progress to smaller lithography for the NAND, latency becomes an issue. This isn't so much of an issue with read latency, but write latency will steadily increase. The read latency of the new Vertex 450 is a little higher than what we tested on Vector. There won't be too many places where these two drives differ by a great deal, but in this synthetic test we see a difference.
When measuring write latency across the drive, we observed a very small increase, which eventually peaked at the tail end of the test. This was OCZ's endurance safety switch kicking in again. I don't recall seeing the endurance mechanism kicking in on Vector with 25nm IMFT NAND, but it makes sense for OCZ to turn the knob a bit more with the new 20nm NAND.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [OCZ Vertex 450 256GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.