HD Tune Pro
Version and / or Patch Used: 4.00
Developer Homepage: http://www.efdsoftware.com
Product Homepage: http://www.hdtune.com
HD Tune is a Hard Disk utility which has the following functions:
Benchmark: measures the performance
Info: shows detailed information
Health: checks the health status by using SMART
Error Scan: scans the surface for errors
HD Tune Pro gives us accurate read, write and access time results and for the last couple of years has gained popularity amongst reviewers. It is now considered a must have application for storage device testing.
OCZ's firmware engineers like to make measuring sequential read and write performance difficult, but their intentions are good. In HD Tune Pro we achieved an average single queue depth read of 333MB/s. The result is and seems low compared to other drives because OCZ limits single queue depth performance. This started out at 200MB/s with Vertex 4 and as new products have come to market, the single depth read limit has increased. The reason why OCZ does this is the interesting part. Some companies tune their SSD's to show good benchmark numbers so you want to buy the drives. OCZ tunes their drives for real-world performance.
When you are multitasking, the last thing you want to see is a spinning wheel. By limiting the single queue read, you have performance left in reserve. Let's say you open Photoshop and it takes eight seconds to open, but while Photoshop is opening, you want to start playing an MP3 file or video. The firmware allows you to do both at the same time and both tasks complete as if the other wasn't happening. Your MP3 will begin to play just as it would if you didn't have Photoshop opening. It works the same way with other software and other tasks as well, like transferring a file and opening Outlook.
In this test, we're writing data across the entire drive in 64KB block sizes. This is right at the limit for OCZ's endurance engine to kick in. Let's look at a run with 128K to summarize straight sequential write performance.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
In this test, we're also looking at write performance after the drive is peppered with 4K writes. As you can see, the write performance doesn't dip below 250MB/s often. This is a very important test for measuring write performance in a heavy use environment.
The Vertex 450 256GB does very well in this test. For a comparison you can view the Seagate 600 SSD 240GB results. The 600 SSD dipped below 25MB/s in a number of places in the test.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [OCZ Vertex 450 256GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung's Galaxy S8+ sports huge 6.2-inch display
- Samsung's new Exynos 9 chip: 4K 120FPS camera tech
- The latest photos and details on AMD Radeon Vega
- AMD reboots itself with Ryzen, and Vega is next
- AMD Ryzen 7 1800X hits #1 best-selling CPUs on Amazon
- تجديد وصيانة اجهزة سامسونج 01154008110 ×× 0235700997 توكيل ثلا
- صيانة منتجات ويرلبول مصر 01210999852 رقم خط مبيعات و
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood