Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
Coming in at $179.99 at the time of writing, the MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming really comes in at a good price point considering the performance of the board and just the overall look. I think the big thing at the moment is how long will the Z77 platform be around for with the new Intel Haswell 8-series coming out in just weeks. Like any time a new platform comes out, though, it's not just going to simply replace it (Z77) overnight.
We should see some price adjustment in the CPU area, though, and this is going to make the currently platform attractive, as prices drop. Looking at the results today you can see that performance on the platform is very strong. Against the competition you can also see at times the MSI offering here today manages to sneak out ahead of the competition.
We do have to admit, it's a little weird that MSI would choose to release a new motherboard series at such a late stage of the current chipset. With that said, it also gives them a chance to push the new Gaming series name out there slightly ahead of the next generation Intel platform.
Putting everything together, though, we have got a really strong product here from MSI. Performance is strong and overclocking looks good. Coming in at 4.7GHz, this is a strong overclock and tends to be the limit of what our particular 3770k is capable of hitting.
If you don't want to jump on the next generation Intel platform and want to save some money, while still managing to get some great performance, the current Z77 platform is an extremely attractive option. Paired with a board like the MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming, you're going to find yourself with a well-priced system that not only performs well, but looks great and includes some quite nice features.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen ThreadRipper features next-gen packaging
- Bethesda sale: $13 Doom, cheap ESO and more
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds continues titanic growth
- Next-gen Hololens to have custom AI chip
- The OnePlus 5 8GB now available for immediate dispatch
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- graphics card not detected via riser cable
- Maximum ratio (x39) with 4,06GHz for i7 4770 on GA Z87X-UD3H?
- Supermicro SuperO Booster Software Guide
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4