Seagate Laptop Thin SSHD
The Laptop Thin SSHD shipped to us in its bare drive form. At the top we find the capacity listed at 500GB, a little lower on the drive there is the Advanced Format logo denoting the drive's capability of said feature.
The back of the drive houses a blue PCB with the SATA and power connections at the bottom. Worth noting here is the use of standard Philips screws instead of tamper proof torx.
The drives power and data connections are correctly placed, insuring wide compatibility.
Disassembling the drive we find an LSI controller for the platter portion of the drive with the eASIC for NAND management. For caching Seagate has employed a single Winbond 64MB DDR2 DRAM chip.
The NAND flash component found in our sample was the Toshiba TH58TEG6D2HBA4C, or in technical terms 8GB 24nm 8K MLC Toggle.
To check the Z-Height of the drive, I setup my Starrett 799. At the drives thickest point it measured in at 6.44mm.
Putting the drive on our AWS BT-201 scale we find the drive weighing in just over 91 grams.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Seagate Laptop Thin SSHD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - BootRacer]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Resume from S4 Hibernation]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV: How to master attacks and combos
- Huawei Mate 9 goes on sale in the US on January 6th
- Faraday Future keeps teasing their upcoming electric car
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Asrock J3355M doesn't power on (mostly)
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD