Seagate Laptop Thin SSHD
The Laptop Thin SSHD shipped to us in its bare drive form. At the top we find the capacity listed at 500GB, a little lower on the drive there is the Advanced Format logo denoting the drive's capability of said feature.
The back of the drive houses a blue PCB with the SATA and power connections at the bottom. Worth noting here is the use of standard Philips screws instead of tamper proof torx.
The drives power and data connections are correctly placed, insuring wide compatibility.
Disassembling the drive we find an LSI controller for the platter portion of the drive with the eASIC for NAND management. For caching Seagate has employed a single Winbond 64MB DDR2 DRAM chip.
The NAND flash component found in our sample was the Toshiba TH58TEG6D2HBA4C, or in technical terms 8GB 24nm 8K MLC Toggle.
To check the Z-Height of the drive, I setup my Starrett 799. At the drives thickest point it measured in at 6.44mm.
Putting the drive on our AWS BT-201 scale we find the drive weighing in just over 91 grams.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Seagate Laptop Thin SSHD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AIDA64 Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - BootRacer]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Resume from S4 Hibernation]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch owners can share game updates locally
- AMD teases 8K graphics workload on Radeon RX Vega
- AMD launches dual-GPU Radeon Pro Duo with 32GB of GDDR5
- Dawn of War III PC Steam deals are up to 25% off
- Colorful announces iGame GTX 1080 Ti Vulcan X OC
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design
- Tenda unveils new USB 3.0 AC1300 wireless network adapter
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family