- Windows 8 (x32 and x64).
- Windows 7 (x32 and x64).
- Windows Vista (x32 and x64).
- Windows XP (x32 and x64).
- Windows 2000 is NOT supported.
16MB free disk space is needed for installation.
- 1 GHz CPU or higher.
- All Pentium-class Intel and AMD platforms.
- All Intel 64-bit processor families (except Itanium).
- All AMD 64-bit processor families.
RAM Types: All, including SDRAM, DDR, DDR2, DDR3, Rambus etc.
Minimum: 1GB. This is what is stated by the developer. In fact, a single GB of RAM would be unsuitable for modern Windows systems. Personally, I would recommend a bare minimum of at least 4GB.
Recommended: 2GB or greater. Once again this is what is stated by the developer. 2GB would also be unsuitable for modern Windows systems. On a Windows 7 or Windows 8 system, you'll need at the least 4GB or more.
Maximum: varies as a percentage of amount installed - see table below:
To support RAM disk backup functionality, RamDisk Plus requires sufficient free disk space to store the image file for each RAM disk. The actual disk space needed will vary from less than a megabyte, up to the actual size of the RAM disk itself.
Installation and First Impressions
If you haven't already performed a full backup of your Windows partition recently, then I would strongly recommend for you to do so before installing RamDisk Plus (or any other software for that matter). There is always the risk that a new program may be incompatible with your individual configuration. Backing up now could save you from having to troubleshoot problems later on. Basic backup tips have been provided within our LV/IRS technology introduction article.
Installation is fast and straightforward. The system does not need to reboot after installation, you can start using RamDisk Plus straight away. The program also features a new licensing mechanism that binds it to the machine name, rather than to a system ID. The trial is fully functional for 15 days. Once the evaluation period expires, the product cannot be reinstalled without a key.
When you run RamDisk Plus for the first time, you will be presented with the main window:
For the purpose of this review I have enabled the program's Advanced Wizard option which is disabled by default. The program also allows the setup up of a new RAM disk using property sheets; this selection allows for additional advanced options when setting up a new RAM disk. If you are a beginner to RAM disks, then I would strongly recommend for you to use the simple wizard instead (default setting). You can access these settings by clicking File and then Options.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- iOS 9 now has Tweetbot 4 support on iPad and iPhone
- Helpful Chrome extension lets you play GIFs in Google Search
- Team manager sets out to create eSports player union
- Elon Musk wasn't joking about this plan to 'nuke Mars'
- Valve employee proposes to his wife in VR using the HTC Vive headset
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Gigabyte Windows 10 driver updates, Utilities...
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog