Program Functionality Analysis and Main Features
RamDisk Plus uses patented memory management technology (up to 512GB) to create a virtual disk out of system RAM. This RAM disk appears like a physical disk to the operating system and to programs. You can choose its size (depending on the amount of RAM in your system), drive letter and file system. You can copy, move and delete files on it. Just like a physical disk, a RAM disk can also be shared on a network and accessed by other networked computers.
The most important difference between a RAM disk and a hard disk is access speed. The time taken for a hard disk to move its magnetic heads over the spinning platters is typically measured in milliseconds (thousandths of a second). A RAM disk does not have mechanical parts and its access speed is typically measured in nanoseconds (billionths of a second). Access to a RAM disk may be 50 times faster or more than to a conventional hard drive. A RAM disk is also a lot faster than a Solid State Drive (SSD).
There are two editions of RamDisk available - RamDisk and RamDisk Plus. The first one supports a single RAM disk with no backup capability. RamDisk Plus on the other hand adds multiple RAM disk support, system page file support, and a versatile disk image backup/restore facility. For this review we will be using the Plus edition of the software.
With RamDisk Plus you can save the RAM disk's contents to an image file manually, or have the contents saved automatically when the computer is powered down. This feature ensures that the data stored on the RAM disk can be preserved between Windows sessions. During the subsequent system start-up, the RAM disk's image will automatically be loaded. A "live" RAM disk image can be backed up even with open handles to the volume. There is also a handy RAM disk viewer that allows users to load RAM disk image files as read-only devices.
RamDisk Plus 11 uses patent pending technology that makes it able to access memory beyond the limitation imposed by a Windows 32-bit operating system. In other words, RamDisk Plus 11 can use "unmanaged" Windows memory beyond 4GB. It can also use the stubbornly inaccessible memory between 3.2GB and 4GB. This feature has been included into the 64-bit RamDisk Plus from v11.7.917 and later. Any memory not accessible by a Windows 64-bit OS can now be included for use by a RAM disk. For example, Windows 7 Home Premium x64 can normally access up to a maximum of 16GB of RAM. If your system has more, RamDisk Plus can make the extra "unmanaged" RAM above the 16GB limit, available for RAM disk use.
Virtual and removable disk types are also supported. Disks can be created with partition tables or without, and the program supports both GUID (GPT) and MBR partition table standards. Both RamDisk and RamDisk Plus can create partitionable RAM disks, which are supported by third-party volume management software. Partitionable RAM disks can be recognized and managed by Windows' MMC disk management snap-in, and they are also compatible with mainstream partition management software such as Partition Magic and Veritas Volume Manager. RamDisk Plus can also create and configure non-partitionable RAM disks, which are compatible with RAM disks created by RamDisk and RamDisk Plus v8.0. RAM disks can also be zeroed-out upon removal.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch supports remote game downloads
- Nintendo Switch left JoyCons have connection issues
- BioShock devs might be making new Twilight Zone 'game'
- A closer look at Mass Effect: Andromeda's power combos
- Digital Nintendo Switch games locked to one console
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- توكيل صيانة ثلاجة كريازى 01093055835 رقم مبيعات كري&
- صور صيانة غسالات وستنجهاوس 01060037840 % رقم مبيعات و
- اخبار صيانة غسالة فريجيدير 01095999314 اتصل الان مب&
- هنا صيانة كلفينيتور العجمى 01010916814 هوت لاين الم&
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications