Accessory Port Layout and Performance
The left side, from back to front, features the Ethernet port, HDMI port, two USB 3.0 ports and the SD card reader.
The right side, from back to front, features the power port, one USB 2.0 port, a headphone jack, microphone jack and Kensington lock.
The HP Envy TouchSmart 4 had the lowest performing USB 2.0 implementation as far as read speeds are concerned. It managed just 27.7MB/s. It appears that HP's implementation is always a problem as the HP Folio 13 we reviewed last year is the second slowest system in our chart.
The TouchSmart 4 redeems itself a bit when it comes to USB 2.0 write speed. It manages to beat out the older Folio 13 as well as the GIGABYTE U2442F with an average of 21MB/s.
As far as USB 3.0 performance goes, the TouchSmart 4 is roughly in the middle of the pack. USB 3.0 read speeds are a close spread.
The trend continues with USB 3.0 write speeds. The TouchSmart 4 hangs with the faster machines, but does start to fall behind the majority of the pack.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Configurations, Pricing and Packaging]
- Page 2 [Temperatures, Cooling and Noise]
- Page 3 [Keyboard, TouchPad, Screen and other User Interfaces]
- Page 4 [Testing Methodology]
- Page 5 [Accessory Port Layout and Performance]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance]
- Page 7 [System Performance]
- Page 8 [Battery Life Performance]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- BitFenix reveals new enthusiast Shogun PC case
- Nintendo's Super Mario Run mobile game is online-only
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- ADATA SC660 240GB Portable SSD Review
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD