Accessory Port Layout and Performance
The left side, from back to front, features the Ethernet port, HDMI port, two USB 3.0 ports and the SD card reader.
The right side, from back to front, features the power port, one USB 2.0 port, a headphone jack, microphone jack and Kensington lock.
The HP Envy TouchSmart 4 had the lowest performing USB 2.0 implementation as far as read speeds are concerned. It managed just 27.7MB/s. It appears that HP's implementation is always a problem as the HP Folio 13 we reviewed last year is the second slowest system in our chart.
The TouchSmart 4 redeems itself a bit when it comes to USB 2.0 write speed. It manages to beat out the older Folio 13 as well as the GIGABYTE U2442F with an average of 21MB/s.
As far as USB 3.0 performance goes, the TouchSmart 4 is roughly in the middle of the pack. USB 3.0 read speeds are a close spread.
The trend continues with USB 3.0 write speeds. The TouchSmart 4 hangs with the faster machines, but does start to fall behind the majority of the pack.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Configurations, Pricing and Packaging]
- Page 2 [Temperatures, Cooling and Noise]
- Page 3 [Keyboard, TouchPad, Screen and other User Interfaces]
- Page 4 [Testing Methodology]
- Page 5 [Accessory Port Layout and Performance]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance]
- Page 7 [System Performance]
- Page 8 [Battery Life Performance]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung talks about building a 10K mobile display for VR
- Gears of War 4 requires a huge 80GB HDD space on the PC
- Battlefield 1 single player trailer teases Frostbite
- NVIDIA to reveal next-gen Volta architecture at GTC 2017
- Volta-based GeForce cards coming in 2018 with 48GB GDDR6
- GA-EX58-UD3R Vt-d support
- Seagate IronWolf 10TB NAS HDD Review
- Fitbit Charge 2 Fitness Band Review
- Samsung 850 EVO 4TB SATA III SSD Review
- Mirror's Edge Catalyst Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now