Accessory Port Layout and Performance
The left side, from back to front, features the Ethernet port, HDMI port, two USB 3.0 ports and the SD card reader.
The right side, from back to front, features the power port, one USB 2.0 port, a headphone jack, microphone jack and Kensington lock.
The HP Envy TouchSmart 4 had the lowest performing USB 2.0 implementation as far as read speeds are concerned. It managed just 27.7MB/s. It appears that HP's implementation is always a problem as the HP Folio 13 we reviewed last year is the second slowest system in our chart.
The TouchSmart 4 redeems itself a bit when it comes to USB 2.0 write speed. It manages to beat out the older Folio 13 as well as the GIGABYTE U2442F with an average of 21MB/s.
As far as USB 3.0 performance goes, the TouchSmart 4 is roughly in the middle of the pack. USB 3.0 read speeds are a close spread.
The trend continues with USB 3.0 write speeds. The TouchSmart 4 hangs with the faster machines, but does start to fall behind the majority of the pack.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Configurations, Pricing and Packaging]
- Page 2 [Temperatures, Cooling and Noise]
- Page 3 [Keyboard, TouchPad, Screen and other User Interfaces]
- Page 4 [Testing Methodology]
- Page 5 [Accessory Port Layout and Performance]
- Page 6 [Gaming Performance]
- Page 7 [System Performance]
- Page 8 [Battery Life Performance]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bitcoin reaches record high pricing of $4500
- Ethereum difficulty squeezing out the small miners
- Destiny 2's day one update already confirmed
- Quake Champions frags itself into Early Access on Aug 22
- Battlegrounds updates will soon slow down
- ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4-2400 problem on asus x370 pro motherboard
- Synology DS1817 8-Bay NAS (Tested at 10Gbps) Review
- ASRock X399 Taichi Threadripper TR4 Motherboard Review
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 500GB and 2TB Review
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect
- ASRock introduces the X10 IoT router for smart homes