You can see that MSI has opted for quite a large fan. Normally we see most companies opt for an 80mm fan, but looking above, you can see we're dealing with something a little larger here. In this case, MSI has gone down the path of a larger 100mm fan. This means that the fan can spin slower and push more air, which in turn means that it operates cooler, and with less noise. Along with the fan, though, you can see the large heatsink at the back and a pair of copper heat pipes.
We've got a standard setup with a single 6-pin PCIe power connector located at the top towards the back. Staying across the top and moving closer to the front, you can see we've got a single CrossFire connector that allows us to run up to two of these video cards together.
When it comes to connectivity, we've got the standard setup which means two Dual-Link DVI ports are included with one being DVI-D and the other DVI-I. Alongside those we've also got a HDMI port and DisplayPort to round things off.
Like every other HD 7790 we've looked at in the past, the MSI offering comes overclocked out of the box. Looking below you can see out of the box the core comes in at 1050MHz, while the 1GB of GDDR5 carries a 6000MHz QDR memory clock.
Looking above, though, you can see with the help of overclocking, we managed to push the core up to 1250MHz, while the 1GB of GDDR5 came in at 6500MHz QDR. This is a nice overclock and should yield some decent performance when we start testing it over the next pages.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 20 [Temperature Test]
- Page 21 [Sound Test]
- Page 22 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 23 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- PS4 v3.0 firmware includes YouTube Gaming support, more cloud storage
- Your daily WTF: Shower With Your Dad Simulator 2015 is a real game
- Acer announces new Predator Gaming Series monitors with NVIDIA G-SYNC
- Acer shows off Chromebook R 11, a convertible Chromebook
- Vantage Robotics shows off Snap, a safe drone with a 4K camera
- Strontium Nitro 566X 64GB MicroSDXC and USB Type-C Reader Review
- does ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 support window 10 with the G3258 cpu?
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- GA-Z97X Gaming 7 + Samsung SM951 256 gb
- SanDisk Connect Stick 64GB Wireless Flash Drive Review
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015