Checking out the Sapphire HD 7790 2GB the first thing that comes to mind is just how sexy it looks. Alongside a new shroud design, which looks awesome, the black PCB looks fantastic too. You can see a large fan sitting in the middle and a couple heat pipes near the top.
You can see the standard 6-pin PCIe power connector at the back. Here, though, you also get to see the aggressive look of the shroud. Closer to the front you can see the typical CrossFire bridge that gives the ability to run two of these cards in CrossFire.
When it comes to the I/O, we've got two Dual-Link DVI ports - one DVI-D and the other DVI-I. We've also got the typical HDMI port alongside a DisplayPort.
As we mentioned earlier, the video card we're looking at today is an OC Edition model. Out of the box the standard HD 7790 comes with a 1000MHz core, while the 1GB or 2GB of GDDR5 comes in at an even 6000MHz QDR.
Looking above you can see that Sapphire pushed the core up to 1050MHz, while the 2GB of GDDR5 memory is pushed slightly to 6400MHz QDR.
This isn't a bad overclock and falls in line with most other HD 7790s we've looked at recently. To date we're still yet to test a reference clocked HD 7790 since most companies are releasing overclocked models straight out of the gate.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 20 [Temperature Test]
- Page 21 [Sound Test]
- Page 22 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 23 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, a very slick mobo for Ryzen
- AMD Ryzen 5 1600X costs $260, offers Intel perf. at $617
- Early Nintendo Switch consoles were actually stolen
- Why Nier: Automata isn't coming to Xbox One
- Grand Theft Auto movie or TV show could happen
- Asus PRIME B250-PLUS Integated Graphics issue
- Looking for help overclocking a GA-EP43-UD3L
- I5 6600k OC settings.. aorus z270
- ASUS K55VM (LAPTOP A55VM) can't control fan speed for myself
- First ever CPU overclock - is this ok?
- ASUS announces VivoMini VC66R and VC66
- BIOSTAR RACING Series motherboard lineup for AMD RYZEN announced
- Team Group officially announces the T-FORCE DARK series memory module with ASUS ROG Certified
- MSI announces Aero ITX series graphics cards
- ASUS Republic of Gamers announces Strix Impact