One of the main differences between the slew of GTX 650 Ti Boost and the HD 7790 video cards we've received is the amount of memory that is included onboard. While AMD has opted to push the 1GB model, NVIDIA opted for 2GB. The higher cost associated with the GTX 650 Ti Boost seems to be more due to the fact it carries with it twice as much memory when compared to its new AMD competitor.
With the model for the most part being consistently faster than the AMD option, we wondered if the 2GB version of the HD 7790 would help close the gap. We're also hoping to get the chance to test the 1GB version of the GTX 650 Ti Boost in the coming weeks.
If history tells us anything, though, doubling the memory on a mid-range video card like the HD 7790 should have little effect on overall gaming performance. The same should go for halving the memory on the GTX 650 Ti Boost to just 1GB. With the help of Sapphire, we're going to be able to get the chance to see just what doubling the amount of memory does on the HD 7790.
While some of video cards we've looked recently haven't come with a package, the Sapphire HD 7790 2GB OC does. From here we'll take the time to look at the box to see what's going on with it and the contents, after that we'll move onto the card itself, take a quick look at the specifications, go over our testbed and the cards you'll see in our graphs today, before finally getting into the performance.
Having a look at the overall box design you can see it's fairly typical for Sapphire with the woman on the front and the main highlights including model, amount of memory and the fact that we're dealing with an OC Edition card.
Moving inside the box we've got a pretty typical line up from Sapphire with the normal paperwork, driver CD, CrossFire bridge, DVI to VGA connector, Molex to 6-pin PCIe convertor and a full length HDMI cable.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - F1 2012]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt Showdown]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Nexuiz]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - Tomb Raider]
- Page 18 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite]
- Page 19 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 20 [Temperature Test]
- Page 21 [Sound Test]
- Page 22 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 23 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect: Andromeda 10-hour demo coming to EA Access
- Samsung's Note line isn't dead: Note 8 is coming
- Tekken 7 launches June 2, 2017, has season pass
- Samsung confirms they won't unveil the S8 at MWC 2017
- White Xiaomi Mi MIX will be available very soon
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South